Poker Genie Tournament Manager Timer Giveaway - Winner! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to ski_ex5! They won the Poker Genie Tournament Manager Timer Giveaway. Please contact me via private message with your shipping address.

Thanks and enjoy!

Congrats Ski! Dang I really wanted this one lol.

Thanks, Tommy! Also, many thanks to the vendor who provided this for the giveaway (I can't seem to find who)!

Ski

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Congrats Ski! Dang I really wanted this one lol.
Ha! :cool: I may be willing to trade it someday. I think you've seen photos showing the 46" TV that sits close to my poker table. It's plumbed into my A/V system (in the adjoining living room area) as a second monitor. I've toyed with the idea of writing a program to do pretty much what the Poker Genie does, and display it on that TV next to the poker table. If I ever get that done, and you have some extra chips that I want... who knows?

Ski

Congrats! Your prize will ship out tomorrow. Thanks.

Ha! :cool: I may be willing to trade it someday. I think you've seen photos showing the 46" TV that sits close to my poker table. It's plumbed into my A/V system (in the adjoining living room area) as a second monitor. I've toyed with the idea of writing a program to do pretty much what the Poker Genie does, and display it on that TV next to the poker table. If I ever get that done, and you have some extra chips that I want... who knows?

Ski

Why would you need to write a program for this? There are any number of programs already out there that perform functions similar to the Poker Genie.

Personally, I use a PC connected to the TV for just this running PokerDIY locally (offline). If I have multiple tables or multiple rooms, I use a second PC running TeamViewer to display the desktop and audio in another room.

Dave

Why would you need to write a program for this? There are any number of programs already out there that perform functions similar to the Poker Genie.

Personally, I use a PC connected to the TV for just this running PokerDIY locally (offline). If I have multiple tables or multiple rooms, I use a second PC running TeamViewer to display the desktop and audio in another room.

Dave
Thanks very much, Dave. I should have considered that earlier! I'll be sure to check out PokerDIY. I'll take a peek for similar iPad apps, too.

Still, I'm really looking forward to giving Poker Genie a try! It looks nice an portable, too. Sometimes nothing beats a dedicated piece of hardware. :)

Ski

I use poker DIY and really like it. That being said I got a great deal on a ipad so I am going to see about using the ipad.

Right now I use DD Poker 3 on my laptop and I really like it. It's even got a poker game which helps you analyze how you play etc. Would be cool to have a dedicated more portable system though like a Poker Genie.

True enough. I'm not trying to take away from the Poker Genie at all...it's a nice piece of hardware. I was just expanding on what Ski posted. :D

I just received the Poker Genie a couple days ago, and it's great. Many thanks to Tommy for the very nice giveaway, and for the excellent packing and shipping!

I haven't yet used the Genie for an actual tournament, but I pulled it out today to test it for the first time, and found it to be surprisingly good.

The overall construction and fit & finish quality was better than I expected. Also better than expected is the level of intuitiveness. To be fair, it's of course not quite as intuitive as a good piece of software what has a large LCD screen to work with. However, it's pretty close! Unlike a lot of other hardware devices with nothing more than some simple alpha-numeric LED displays, the Poker Genie is laid out in a logical fashion, with a clear indication of what step you're on during the setup process of entering your chip set, number of players, desired tournament length, etc. Additional detail is clearly illustrated right on the back of the unit. I never once pulled out the instruction manual.

Another plus for me is the fact that the Poker Genie is A/C powered, so there are no batteries to deal with. It has legs to stand upright on a table top, and it also has two molded eyelets on the back for hanging on a wall or other vertical object.

So far, the only annoyance I experienced is that the button beeps during the setup process are LOUD! That's very easily mitigated by holding a thumb or finger over the three small speaker holes toward the top of the front panel. I'm guessing the loud volume will prove to be an advantage during a real poker tournament - the alarms sounding the end of a round will NOT be missed!

Glad you like it. Can't wait to use mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom