Poker Genie Pro (1 Viewer)

tooth_doc

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have not had a poker tourney at my house in years. I used the Poker Genie in the past and loved it. But now it's not working. I have seen where guys are using a computer for a timer, but it does not seem to work.
What is everyone using?
Have a great day,
Charlie

I prefer Blind Valet cause I control it from my phone and it looks and functions great.
I do not host enough tourneys for the monthly price but the owner is cool and you can just sign up for a month and then cancel.
Since my tourneys are about 40 people I do that 1 or 2 times a year.

How do you place this so the players can see it? Or is that a problem?
I have it on my iPad, usually placed on a shelf or nearby so most players can see it (1 table), if someone who don’t see it need some info they just ask, we are not so picky that we need to see it all the time

I have it on my iPad, usually placed on a shelf or nearby so most players can see it (1 table), if someone who don’t see it need some info they just ask, we are not so picky that we need to see it all the time
sounds like what we do too.9at least we used to). we just get together to drink beer and bs

The Tournament Director! So much more than a timer, also tracks player buy-ins, displays seating assignments, current and upcoming blind amounts, total and average chip counts, payout amounts, breaks, chip-ups, etc.

One time purchase. Installs on Windows laptop or computer, can be displayed on multiple screens or TV using HDMI from computer

My tables are in two different rooms. I like to have one running on my computer and cast the computer to the TV in the other room.

I have used The Poker Timer, and the HPTM Android app. I like the HPTM app functionality a little better. The Poker Timer is a cleaner look, but it's missing some user experience features on the "tournament" side of things.

The Tournament Director! So much more than a timer, also tracks player buy-ins, displays seating assignments, current and upcoming blind amounts, total and average chip counts, payout amounts, breaks, chip-ups, etc.

One time purchase. Installs on Windows laptop or computer, can be displayed on multiple screens or TV using HDMI from computer
Trying this out right now!

I prefer Blind Valet cause I control it from my phone and it looks and functions great.
I do not host enough tourneys for the monthly price but the owner is cool and you can just sign up for a month and then cancel.
Since my tourneys are about 40 people I do that 1 or 2 times a year.
FYI, it's free if you only use it as a blinds timer.

FYI, it's free if you only use it as a blinds timer.
I think it is free for more functions than that for a single table of 9 players.
For me personally I just pay 12 bucks once or twice a year which is nothing for a 40 person tournament.

1672352573747.png

Zoom in a little to see the TV and controlling that from your phone is awesome.
20221111_081156.jpg

I think it is free for more functions than that for a single table of 9 players.
Correct, so I just set it to 9 players even though we're usually around 20-25. Assigning seats, moving players, breaking up tables, all that is handled by my seating chips. :)

Nice setup!

I've heard aboit the following (ones I've used have *)

PC
The Tournament Director ($)
*PokerDIY (note requires Silverlight) (free)
*HPTM (free)

Android
*Blinds Are Up! (free w/ads or no ads for yearly fee)
*HPTM (free but accepts donations) https://grrava.itch.io/hptm

I tend to use an old laptop and use PokerDIY with a long hdmi cable to duplicate the display on a 32" tv. Works well enough. When PokerDIY eventually stops working, I'll probably switch to HPTM.

Last edited:
If you have Windows 11 you can screen cast to any smart tv connected to your network. I do that with Tournament Director

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom