Poker Face (2022) movie....? (1 Viewer)

nitzilla

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was going to post when i saw it last week but i didnt want anyone watching it on my account!
Pretty much every poker movie is complete shit (Molly's Game, The Grand and Rounders etc excluded....) but I always end up watching them......... :sneaky:

allforcharity

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a close up shot of a chip around the 1:30 mark (and again at 1:50 but it's spinning and I can't get a good freeze frame on the face). I was guessing ceramic chip with aligned edgespots but that chip has some sort of very rough texture to it. Maybe the production team did some aging/damage to them to make them look well used, but the edges look fairly sharp.

chicubs1988

Flush
Reaction score
From what I've read, its not really a poker show. It's a tv miniseries and is a mystery crime drama with dark humor. It's by the same people who did Knives Out, so I'm assuming there will be a few poker scenes as character background and that's it.

NM, apparently there are two projects, both called Poker Face coming out at the same time.

Colquhoun

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched it.
Awful.
Despite the name, it is not a poker movie. Yeah, there's a high-stakes game, but very, VERY little poker. Forgettable story, forgettable characters.
Apparently Lynn Gilmartin (WPT co-host) is in it, but I dont remember seeing her. I even scanned back and still couldn't find her. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Chips are ceramics, and in awful denominations. 25K, 50K, 100K.
But hey, aligned edgespots.
pokerface1.jpg

That's green 25K, red 50K, and black (gray) 100K: :sick:
pokerface2.jpg

Swing and a miss.

xdan

Flush
Reaction score
Yes. This was horrid.

Now to watch an Aussie movie that’s a classic, check out ‘the castle’
I’d like to see an American watch it and see if they find it as hilarious as us aussies did.

Eriks

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a decent poker scene in one of the Billions seasons were they seemed to have actually consulted a poker player. The hero made a pretty cool Stu Unger like river call with like 10-high because he put the opponent on a small straight draw.

A little breeze of fresh air compared to the usual ridiculous Bondish coolers.

doublebooyah85

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a decent poker scene in one of the Billions seasons were they seemed to have actually consulted a poker player. The hero made a pretty cool Stu Unger like river call with like 10-high because he put the opponent on a small straight draw.

A little breeze of fresh air compared to the usual ridiculous Bondish coolers.
The show creator for Billions wrote Rounders, Brian Koppelman.

DeusEx

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and they had to play NLH =/ below avg is right

davislane

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Streaming or theatre only?
streaming....

from what i can tell most of the movie was shot in my home state so it was refreshing for a change to see "Australian" scenery.

Considering it was shot during the amidst all the covid restrictions they did well. The shorts frame it as a "poker" film but its not IMO.

doublebooyah85

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
streaming....

from what i can tell most of the movie was shot in my home state so it was refreshing for a change to see "Australian" scenery.

Considering it was shot during the amidst all the covid restrictions they did well. The shorts frame it as a "poker" film but its not IMO.
What steaming platform ?

Top Bottom