Poker entusiast from Sweden (1 Viewer)

fourfour2

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been lurking for a time. 35 years old from Malmö in Sweden playing poker, mostly online, since the boom exploded in Sweden ~2004.

However a few years back I started hosting Tournaments, 12 people, sometimes we have been 20. We use heavy Monte Carlo Poker Room chips. They are ok, but I would prefer something better, and something custom.

My goal now is to order 1000 chips, and my options is ceramics or China Clay. And I want them 39/40mm. Royals look fantastic, however I'm not a fan of the bigger size. Maybe I'm not a real chipper then? ;) I've received samples from both BRPRO, cards mold from SunFly, and CC from Apache, and Milanos through eBay.

For me the Milanos is my favourite CC.
I also like the BRPRos smooth blanks. And I think it's in between those two options.

The only downside I think of ceramics is the sound, I'm afraid me and my crew will hate it and think the sound is too annoying. What are your experices with it?

I love the sound of Milanos, I understand the quality controll is lower but still a big + of the sound compared to ceramics. The total cost would be a little bit cheaper going with Milano blanks and with custom labels. But at the same time it feels waste of money compared to the +++ to go with custom brpro ceramics.

My english is not top noch and I hope you understand it and that you could make my decission a bit easier :)

Thanks for reading

Welcome!
I’m curious why you need 1,000 chips? A 20-person tournament can be played with 600 chips if the breakdown is right. That would ease your budget and you could possibly get better chips for the same price.
I have ceramics, and clays too…and don’t mind the sound.

Välkommen hit! :)
Personally I kinda like the sound of the different ceramics, even though I prefer clays... I'd definitely get ceramics over milanos, that's what I did for my tournament set.
Be careful around here, it's easy to end up with more sets than you planned for :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Welcome!

Custom chips > a slight difference in sound.

Perhaps you disagree, the only thing that sounds like clay, is clay :sneaky:

Welcome!

Custom chips > a slight difference in sound.

Perhaps you disagree, the only thing that sounds like clay, is clay :sneaky:
Is this your favorite album?
IMG_5695.jpeg

Välkommen, trevligt med fler svenskar!

+1 for not needing 1000 chips for a 12-20 player tournament. An efficient breakdown will up your per chip budget considerably. Maybe not all the way to CPC levels but just spend some more time on here and it will start to seem more and more reasonable.

Welcome !
You should also grab some Paulson and CPC samples just in case… Maybe you will change your mind ;)

Been lurking for a time. 35 years old from Malmö in Sweden playing poker, mostly online, since the boom exploded in Sweden ~2004.
Välkommen!! Började med nätpoker som 16-åring alltså! :)

I've received samples from both BRPRO, cards mold from SunFly, and CC from Apache, and Milanos through eBay.
Great move!

The only downside I think of ceramics is the sound, I'm afraid me and my crew will hate it and think the sound is too annoying. What are your experices with it?
I see what you mean. I find the sound "clanky". I have about 2000 Milanos and I think they sound great! Their smell is an acquired taste, though...

I know you prefer 39mm, but have you tested the 43mm BrPro? They sound a lot better than the 39mm in my opinion.

My english is not top noch and I hope you understand it
Around 27, perhaps a bit lower. It really depends on the parameters involved.

Välkommen! :) Kul att se så många svenskar här. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom