Poker chip storage ideas (5 Viewers)

Theluckyhand2

Two Pair
Reaction score
I’m curious of what everyone has going for them with at home poker chip storage? I’m starting to build quite a sizable collection and was curios for ideas that aren’t aluminum cases.

There are all sorts of options, all with positives and negatives, and all discussed (and sometimes debated!) heavily in past threads.

Some terms to search the forums for:

Apache Case
Pellican Case
Versa Games Case
Birdcage

If you’re strictly talking home storage, people use:

Toolboxes
Cigar Boxes
Racks on Shelves
Various other creative solutions!

Hope that helps get you started!

IMG_20200403_223515.jpg
IMG_20200403_223623.jpg

I've found that four sets of steel wire shelves, 72x26x18, holds them just about perfectly. Ymmv, of course.

What d'ya gonna do? I got more chips than tools.

View attachment 589622View attachment 589623
That’s nifty. I’ve thought about doing that but was a little skeptical of trying it but now that’s a new perspective. Very nice

That’s different what type of stand is that??

There are all sorts of options, all with positives and negatives, and all discussed (and sometimes debated!) heavily in past threads.

Some terms to search the forums for:

Apache Case
Pellican Case
Versa Games Case
Birdcage

If you’re strictly talking home storage, people use:

Toolboxes
Cigar Boxes
Racks on Shelves
Various other creative solutions!

Hope that helps get you started!
Yes it does I really appreciate the Information. I like to see everyone’s ideas and solutions and how creative they can be

If you are looking for something unusual, I’d suggest looking at local thrift stores and low-end antiques stores... Keeping your mind open to creative ideas.

After looking at a ton of options online, I found an old steel cabinet — maybe for printers or a machine shop.

The beauty of it is that the drawers are string enough to pull out almost all the way and tip out, without them falling. So I can really access the chips easily for sorting etc.

The drawers also can be removed all the way and carried to a table etc.

I customized them to snugly fit standard racks, using square dowels which I painted the same olive drab as the cabinet. I also added some nonskid material underneath, drawer liner used for toolboxes. This was probably unnecessary but it cleaned everything up.

79E045C8-F039-434E-9C81-A24E4BA64F6A.jpeg
EA800E5A-E4B4-47E6-82A7-75A707C90BBC.jpeg
F91D4CFF-7145-4D27-B0F2-7ECF7EB1961F.jpeg
029BCEBE-4C93-44CF-A25B-BB4DE8A05276.jpeg1F2F7D5F-1DE3-4797-AC64-FC9BDCE041F1.jpeg880A2C82-80C9-4FD8-89E0-5494193A4302.jpeg3ACC3CE0-38C5-4863-B756-321EE80968DA.jpeg

Attachments

• E853776C-3D14-48F8-8134-B2918D2C5686.jpeg
    E853776C-3D14-48F8-8134-B2918D2C5686.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 2173BF7C-9B89-4E7D-A6EC-DA097043D3E8.jpeg
    2173BF7C-9B89-4E7D-A6EC-DA097043D3E8.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 193
For home storage, I use chip trays/racks (some in birdcages, some not) kept in a closet with three reinforced shelves (chips in bulk are ridiculously heavy).

Racks go in Pelican-style Members Mark cases for transport.

Where do you Canadians buy your racks/birdcages/cases from?

I had a nice order from discountpokershop all ready in my cart, but shipping was $60 USD for $150 in gear. I should have bought more from Brpro on my last order.

Can’t help you with where to buy but I just wanted to chime in that I have the 1000 chip version of that case and love it!

I picked up one of these cases for my horse shoe chips...its a $49 tool box from Princess auto I posted a note about it in the cases forum. It will hold up to 2600 chips on racks, its portable so long as you can carry a few chips and its sized pretty much perfect for 1800 chips in the lower area and another max 800 on the top tray. This full set up allows for 4 decks of cards and dealer buttons/cut cards to be put in as well. On my way out in a few minutes to pick up a second to have for when my custom "sloth" chips are finished.

U4idn5u.jpg

eW5xBVZ.jpg

Of course I ordered more chips to fill it

Last edited:
I picked up one of these cases for my horse shoe chips...its a $49 tool box from Princess auto I posted a note about it in the cases forum. It will hold up to 2600 chips on racks, its portable so long as you can carry a few chips and its sized pretty much perfect for 1800 chips in the lower area and another max 800 on the top tray. This full set up allows for 4 decks of cards and dealer buttons/cut cards to be put in as well. On my way out in a few minutes to pick up a second to have for when my custom "sloth" chips are finished.

U4idn5u.jpg

eW5xBVZ.jpg

I hope those latches are good and strong. That’s a lot of weight in one case.

I hope those latches are good and strong. That’s a lot of weight in one case.
So far so good. I packed it with 2200 chips and cards etc and was holding it up in the air with pulling the weight up and down. the real hand holds are on the side though and are built into the steel of the case. any distance and I would carry itfrom there.

U4idn5u.jpg

eW5xBVZ.jpg

I absolutely love this case! I tried to Google but needed more filtering. Do you have a model number or can you share a link to this exact model somewhere? The relatively perfect fit of the racks in the main compartment is what I love so much!

I absolutely love this case! I tried to Google but needed more filtering. Do you have a model number or can you share a link to this exact model somewhere? The relatively perfect fit of the racks in the main compartment is what I love so much!
I was able to put 6 nice plaques (2 deep, 3 rows) btw the chips and the end of the case on both ends. the 3rd row of 6 racks basically locks them in from side to side. I am driving home with a 2nd case of the same right now for my custom set I'm waiting on.
Here is a link to a review I wrote about the other day
review
If you don't want to read and just want to buyred tool box

Last edited:
Where do you Canadians buy your racks/birdcages/cases from?

I had a nice order from discountpokershop all ready in my cart, but shipping was $60 USD for $150 in gear. I should have bought more from Brpro on my last order.
Amazon 1000 chip birdcage $72 for china 70mm racks... I ordered the last packages of 68mm on amazon and can't order more. Only place I know that currently has them listed at least online is Straitpokersupplies.com. At Straitpoker the birdcage is more expensive but you can opt for 68mm racks for a upgrade fee. It was all this pricing and a wander through the hardware store that had me find that red case above. I just bought racks to fill it and am leaving the acrylic birdcages a rest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom