Poker Chip Set Breakdown for 12-person Tourney (2 6-Max) w/ 100BB ($20,000) starting stacks. (1 Viewer)

We used to run $10-20 buy in games with 25¢/50¢ blinds. It played similarly to $50 buy ins, the only difference is most guys bought in 3x. Haha.

I switched to 25/25 and the game is way more fun. i allow $20-50 buy ins and everyone just does $20 (times 3). I always have the $50 stack and it makes crushing the table easier.
... they’ll learn eventually.

just having a fair, nice environment to play cards.

That's the plan, but I do appreciate all your advice. The advice I've received in this forum has been second to none. There is so much misinformation on the Internet about "optimal" chip sets and distributions that I can see a lot of people giving up and settling for one of those cheap plastic poker chip sets that come with 150% more white chips than black or green chips, which are virtually useless for amateur's looking to play home tournaments. In any case, providing a quality playing experience is on the forefront of my mind. We already have a nice playing environment, and I just ordered a set of KEM playing cards. I'm about to invest in a set of Lucky Dragons through brpropoker.com. At 69c per chip, I don't want to overspend on chips I won't use, nor do I want to underspend on chips I will need later down the road.

Anywho, thanks again for the advice and recommendations. I never knew how much thought was involved in a set of poker chips until I decided I was tired of playing with cheap plastic chips with no denominations on them. I don't know how I lasted this long, but it's time to upgrade. :)

Right. Limit games are played 0.20/0.40 so having more domes than needed for NL games is helpful.

I was thinking... Maybe 20c - 50c will be more efficient than 20c - 40c for limit games maybe...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom