Poker Chip Newbie (1 Viewer)

borisasaurus

High Hand
Reaction score
Looking to buy a nice tournament set. I bought a sample of some ceramic chips & a barrel of Paulsons a while back when I first started looking at poker chips and while the ceramics are nice I really love the Paulsons. Seems like it would be possible to scrape together a decent set from the classifieds on here. I’ve also been looking at going the custom route thru CPC but just have no clue what I’m doing in terms of design, denominations, etc, although I’m sure I can figure that all out. I’m going to actually be using these chips so not looking to go crazy but I’m willing to spend a good amount of money here, and probably only need a small set for around a 6-handed game. I guess just looking for any and all advice here for a total newbie. Thanks in advance

Looking to buy a nice tournament set. I bought a sample of some ceramic chips & a barrel of Paulsons a while back when I first started looking at poker chips and while the ceramics are nice I really love the Paulsons. Seems like it would be possible to scrape together a decent set from the classifieds on here. I’ve also been looking at going the custom route thru CPC but just have no clue what I’m doing in terms of design, denominations, etc, although I’m sure I can figure that all out. I’m going to actually be using these chips so not looking to go crazy but I’m willing to spend a good amount of money here, and probably only need a small set for around a 6-handed game. I guess just looking for any and all advice here for a total newbie. Thanks in advance
What do you consider a good amount of money?
When I started on here I also was willing to spend a good amount of money on a single set of pokerchips. $300 was my budget which I deemed pretty generous at the time.

Best advice I can give you right now is to get samples. Make sure you get ceramics, china clays, cpc, paulson rhc and paulson thc.

If you're willing to spend a good amount of money, best you can do is make sure you get exactly what you want.

Hello and welcome. Yes, samples is your first step. A few other details about your game would be helpful too. Rebuys or add ons? Starting stack size? T5, T25 or T100?

Should still be some Paulson Isle of Capri tournament sets left from the Black Friday sale. $200. Non-denominational but a legit first set.
Thread 'Black Friday Sale'
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/black-friday-sale.81599/

I was eyeing the IOC set it looks absolutely beautiful and is a great price. I was worried those might have been sold out honestly

Sorry for the lack of details about my game , that’s because I don’t actually have one yet, lol. Been trying to get enough ppl together for a bit but don’t have a ton of friends where I recently moved. Hoping the beautiful poker chips I purchase will naturally attract chippers for miles and fill my game up instantly hahah

To the comments saying I need more samples , I feel like I’ve made my mind up on THC based off the barrel I’ve been shuffling , but should I still pick up an RHC sample ? Not even aware of the main differences between the two lol. Sorry for my ignorance. Also in terms of price I’d say my budget is around 400-500 so the IOC set is pretty attractive price wise as well.

Thanks for all the input so far !

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/black-friday-sale.81599/

Also what do you guys think of the Majestic Star tournament sets? I’m actually considering those now because I do think it would be nice to have denominations

So I’m an idiot , and after looking into it the chips I have actually are RHCs. Anyways, I decided to pick up one of the IOC sets because the Majestic Stars were all sold out. Super excited for the chips to show up and they were so cheap I won’t feel bad when I inevitably pick up some more down the line hahahah…. Might look into the CPC route more now that I have something to play with during the waiting period

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom