Poker Chip Lounge - Compression Molded Milanos ?? (1 Viewer)

CrazyEddie

Full House
Reaction score
Poker Chip Lounge is offering what appear to be custom-printed Milano blanks, but their description has two unusual items:
  • They describe the chips as being "manufactured via compression molding", explicitly contrasting it with injection molding, and
  • They describe their customization technique as "printed with direct to chip printing technology", "like ceramic chips".
Is it possible that either of these claims are true?

See here: https://pokerchiplounge.com/prestige-series-10-gram-trapezoid-clay.html

The chips they show in the pictures are unmistakably Milanos. The mold, base colors, spot colors, and spot designs are identical. I was under the impression that Milanos, and in fact all chips other than Paulsons/CPC/etc, were injection molded. And as for direct-to-chip printing, my Milano blank samples all have a really nasty surface in the recess on one side, which I assume is an artifact of the injection molding; directly printing on that surface would make for a terrible chip.

Is this seller lying, or, more charitably, perhaps merely deeply confused about the nature of what they're selling? Or is there some other Milano-clone miracle chip that could actually be what they describe here?

Poker Chip Lounge
/snip/
Is this seller lying, or, more charitably, perhaps merely deeply confused about the nature of what they're selling?
Yes.

These guys used to be PGI resellers, and have NEVER been accurate with their product descriptions (or reasonable with their pricing, either).

Liars or ignorant, I dunno. I just avoid them, and recommend that others do the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom