Poker Chip Forum Auctions (2 Viewers)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
A new section has been established for auctions.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/forums/poker-chip-forum-auctions.118/

Here are changes.
  • The auction guidelines are now included when you list an auction. You no longer have to copy and paste them into your listing.
  • The options for end date, end time, starting bid, minimum bid increments, payments accepted, and shipping, are now done with various fields types. (ex: drop-down menus, date picker, check boxes, etc.)
  • All end times will be in the Eastern Time Zone. Depending on which time of the year it is, that could be EDT or EST. Google "NY Time" if you are not sure.
  • All bids will be in US Dollars only.
  • The first post is only editable for 1 hr to allow the seller to clarify statements or correct any errors if needed.
  • Any post other than the 1st post can no longer be edited.
  • Auction Guidelines were re-done to make them more clear. (thanks @WedgeRock )
Also thanks to @Psypher1000 @navels @ChaosRock @inca911 @BGinGA for helping test the new format and providing feedback.

Cool. I’ve always filtered on my iPhone by double clicking one of the headings, like for sale, auction, wanted, etc... and then it lists just the ads under that heading but it’s nice to have these pre-filtered!

29DFAE95-96AF-4121-92EA-C10D43948FCA.jpeg

In all seriousness...thanks for these changes!

Thank you for this and all the work being done across the site lately!

It'd be really cool to see Charity Auctions (like the one you're running now!) stickied to the top of the auctions list until completed. Although I guess that wouldn't do much since we don't run too too many at once. Perhaps a diff color for the charity auction? Just spitballing (I know we probably can't imagine the work that goes in behind the scenes).

• The first post is only editable for 1 hr to allow the seller to clarify statements or correct any errors if needed.

Found a settings conflict with this and the FP is not editable. I'm working on getting it resolved but for now just drop me a PM within the 1st hr and I can fix it.

Thank you for this and all the work being done across the site lately!

It'd be really cool to see Charity Auctions (like the one you're running now!) stickied to the top of the auctions list until completed. Although I guess that wouldn't do much since we don't run too too many at once. Perhaps a diff color for the charity auction? Just spitballing (I know we probably can't imagine the work that goes in behind the scenes).
Sorry for being such a cynic, but you’re talking about charity auctions where the user promises the proceeds will go to charity? The user being somebody in the poker world? A world full of scoundrels?
I mean, I like this community. I think as far as subsets of the poker world go, we’re a pretty decent bunch. But if my cynicism leads to some healthy skepticism, that’s probably a good thing, for an internet community of poker players.

Sorry for being such a cynic, but you’re talking about charity auctions where the user promises the proceeds will go to charity? The user being somebody in the poker world? A world full of scoundrels?
I mean, I like this community. I think as far as subsets of the poker world go, we’re a pretty decent bunch. But if my cynicism leads to some healthy skepticism, that’s probably a good thing, for an internet community of poker players.
I always wonder about this. I figure I'm either blocked by too many folks :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: or just not trusted (or I'm using shite items) as my charity auctions sink like a rock. I've actually had charity auctions go for under what "market price" would be for a couple of em, so any future charity auctions will just be posted by proxy.

Call it willful ignorance or suspended imagination, but I guess I just hope that it's on the up and up. Maybe it can be required to show proof of donation if that eases minds. I've only been taken for a ride once (possibly) back during that one designer's absence/exodus.

I always wonder about this. I figure I'm either blocked by too many folks :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: or just not trusted (or I'm using shite items) as my charity auctions sink like a rock. I've actually had charity auctions go for under what "market price" would be for a couple of em, so any future charity auctions will just be posted by proxy.

Call it willful ignorance or suspended imagination, but I guess I just hope that it's on the up and up. Maybe it can be required to show proof of donation if that eases minds. I've only been taken for a ride once (possibly) back during that one designer's absence/exodus.

The best way is to have the winner donate the money. Then they know for sure where it is going. Winner provides proof to auction-er, then goods get shipped?

@Tommy are the first posts of any classified no longer editable after the first hour? I was going to update the op of my wanted ad this morning and was unable to.
Came here to ask that same question. My 1st post of my For Sale ad was editable before but not anymore - Is this change supposed to be for all "Classifieds" or just for the new Auctions?

If I missed this is, I apologize. Members often lower their prices if the item doesn't sell. If there is a page or two of posts it won't work well as the seller to just post the lower price. Again, if I missed the reasoning behind it I apologize.

Or the other option I guess is too start a new sales thread with the lower price?

If I missed this is, I apologize. Members often lower their prices if the item doesn't sell. If there is a page or two of posts it won't work well as the seller to just post the lower price. Again, if I missed the reasoning behind it I apologize.

Or the other option I guess is too start a new sales thread with the lower price?

You are talking sales not auctions.

The best way is to have the winner donate the money. Then they know for sure where it is going. Winner provides proof to auction-er, then goods get shipped?

For charity auctions, I collect the money and provide proof in the thread. I find it easier for the buyer that way. It also avoids a worst case scenario that they got the item for free because no donation was made or they sent you some questionable proof.

@Tommy are the first posts of any classified no longer editable after the first hour? I was going to update the op of my wanted ad this morning and was unable to.
Came here to ask that same question. My 1st post of my For Sale ad was editable before but not anymore - Is this change supposed to be for all "Classifieds" or just for the new Auctions?

The FP should be editable now in the Classifieds like before but I am still working on some things so it might happen again for short time.

For charity auctions, I collect the money and provide proof in the thread. I find it easier for the buyer that way. It also avoids a worst case scenario that they got the item for free because no donation was made or they sent you some questionable proof.

The FP should be editable now in the Classifieds like before but I am still working on some things so it might happen again for short time.

cool, thanks Tommy

Is there a way to make auctions viewable as part of the classifieds? I feel that people will overlook the separate auction section as a majority of people only browse the classifieds.
Better yet, make it a tab, like the classifieds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom