PCF Giveaway Poker Chip Forum 2017 Holiday Giveaways (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I know. I just try not to post too frivolously! Maybe now is a time to start :p

I should have added on my last post happy holidays to all, whichever you celebrate.

Agreed. It's the main reason I don't have as high a count.

Does this count as frivolous??:whistle: :whistling:

Post count requirements are a double edged sword.
Some people can easily be encouraged to post low-quality messages in great volume because of it, which degrades the overall forum quality.
On the other hand, regulars/biggest contributors get a higher winning chance due to the reduced competition, which is fairer than allowing everyone in if you see the raffles as rewards for members that keep the forum alive.

Post count requirements are a double edged sword.
Some people can easily be encouraged to post low-quality messages in great volume because of it, which degrades the overall forum quality.
I agree but only to a point. When you’re talking about new members needing 100 or more posts, that’s a lot of garbage to post not get knocked down by a moderator. Now someone who is at 80 and needs 100? Sure, the off topic section might see some more use. But let’s be honest most of the low count items wouldn’t be that expensive to buy outright and the odds of winning any item are less than 1%.

I could be wrong but it doesn’t feel like we have that many “professional” raffle trolls. Just seems like a lot of work for very little reward. At a certain point the prolific jibber jabberers are just that. 1,000, 10,000 posts, whatever. Some just love to talk. And they can enter any raffle they like. ;)

Thanks Tommy and all the generous contributors! What an awesome holiday season freeroll! (y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

pre-holiday.jpg

It is a render. Easy to spot when you look closely at the needles. Each needle branch is just two thin planes arranged like an X with a semitransparent texture on them. Easiest to see near the top of the tree.

That, and then of course the new poker chips in the background. I somehow doubt he already got another set ;) Especially when it's HCE.

Edit: also not even a single lint of dust

This is why I post all the time and with no real value. I knew it would pay off eventually!!!

How many people just looked at @Ray-Col 's Christmas tree post and smiled a little, because they thought it was a render... then smiled a little more because they weren't sure? (y) :thumbsup::unsure:
It is a render. Easy to spot when you look closely at the needles. Each needle branch is just two thin planes arranged like an X with a semitransparent texture on them. Easiest to see near the top of the tree.
That, and then of course the new poker chips in the background. I somehow doubt he already got another set ;) Especially when it's HCE.

Watson & Holmes hard at work! (y) :thumbsup::)
Dare I mention SCALE as the most obvious criteria to identifiy this impromptu-tree as a ridiculous fake?! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Though be prepared for a superior setup when we approach christmas. Seven feet fir with so many chips hanging from the branches that I'll have to disable the physics-engine to prevent the limbs from cracking. ;)

(11 posts to go :oops:)

More giveaways add.
@justsomedude pro pic for the chip boxes giveaway. (y) :thumbsup:

boxes-1200px-1.jpg

(they will ship flat/unassembled)

Thanks Tommy and all the generous contributors! What an awesome holiday season freeroll! (y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

pre-holiday.jpg
I want your tree. Very cool! And I don't care if it's a render.

If someone wants to provide a prize for a giveaway they must send it to you first @Tommy ?

You could ship it directly to the winner too. When excessive funds are available, I can cover the shipping costs . Usually worldwide if it is not too large of an item to be cost prohibitive. Some who donate prizes also choose to ship it at their expense too. Or sometimes we'll split it, they will cover domestic shipping and I'll cover worldwide. What that does is free up funds for another giveaway.

Last edited:
Great raffles you have here @Tommy I was a newbie last year and could not enter but this year it’s a little better.

Having a problem with entering the piatnik cards raffle. It says I don’t have enough post. Am I missing something? Didn’t have trouble with the other card raffles.
Thanks again for putting these up

Having a problem with entering the piatnik cards raffle. It says I don’t have enough post. Am I missing something? Didn’t have trouble with the other card raffles.
Thanks again for putting these up

Please try now. Should be fixed. Thanks! (y) :thumbsup:

Wow! :eek:
Thanks Desjgn & Tommy! What an awesome giveaway season this is. Although I never won anything entering a raflle in my entire life, but now is definately NOT the time to give up. :LOL: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom