Poker Chip Case Help! (1 Viewer)

Laker285

Two Pair
Reaction score
So I have seen many posts about cases to buy. I have decided to go with an Apache/Pelican type case with the foam. Which cases have you gone with and liked better?
I am looking for a 1,000 plus chipset with plastic racks to put inside the foam. What is that size case I would need out of those options?
Thanks!

Depends on how many more than 1,000 chips, but I find the Apache 4800 is fantastic. I have 4 of them. They each hold between 1,000 - 1,200 chips depending on how I stack them with some room for extras in anything under 1,200.

I've owned a Pelican and I find them a little too heavy and also much more expensive. The Apaches I find to be more reasonably priced and I don't notice a difference in quality.

Depends on how many more than 1,000 chips, but I find the Apache 4800 is fantastic. I have 4 of them. They each hold between 1,000 - 1,200 chips depending on how I stack them with some room for extras in anything under 1,200.

I've owned a Pelican and I find them a little too heavy and also much more expensive. The Apaches I find to be more reasonably priced and I don't notice a difference in quality.
Are they big enough where I don’t have to stack them?

No. For the 1200 chips I generally have 5 racks across, 2 racks deep and spots for the extras on the right hand side. For anything above 1,000 chips, I center the first 5 stacks and then put a 1-2 rack deep space in front of the original 5, with extras usually crammed a bit on the lower right.

If you want to have stacks that are less deep, the 5800 may work - but I've yet to try one of those out. It also comes with a retractable handle like luggage and has wheels. I don't think you want to go carrying one of those around filled to the gill with chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom