Poker Chairs (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I have decent chairs, They're Richardsons ... but I'd like to upgrade at some point.

What are people using? and where did you get them. Budget is a concern, but I'll spend some chedda if there's a good deal to be had on the right chairs.

I've heard a lot of people sit Gassers, and I'd like to look into those, or anything comparable.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Thoughts on the Hercules Chairs from ChurchChairs4less

HERE

$29.99 each.

So, what do people think is an ideal width? I know too wide = fewer people at the table. The Hercules chairs come in 18.5" and 21" wide versions, and I think I'd lean for the narrower chairs for more space between seats...

At one time, I had 10 of the 18 1/2 inch church chairs from Church Chairs 4 Less. Don't buy the wider ones, they're too wide...the narrower 18 1/2 inch chairs were plenty wide. The main problem with these chairs (either width) is that they are too short for a standard poker table and they lean back which makes the problem even more pronounced.

At one time, I had 10 of the 18 1/2 inch church chairs from Church Chairs 4 Less. Don't buy the wider ones, they're too wide...the narrower 18 1/2 inch chairs were plenty wide. The main problem with these chairs (either width) is that they are too short for a standard poker table and they lean back which makes the problem even more pronounced.

That's a bummer... These were on my short list, as they look really comfy. However, if they're not sized right, and lean back, then there's no point. Any other recommendations (other than shortening my tables, lol)?

I have some Hercules stackable church chairs from bizchair, I bought the 21 inch, ok chairs, but they come in 2 different leg lengths, get the 19 inch I believe it is.

I've got some really nice folding chairs that are super comfy and heavy duty. About 30/chair I think. I'll look the model up tomorrow and let you know.

I use some of the 21" church chairs. They are very comfortable. I also have some of the nice padded folding chairs from Costco. They are also very comfortable, but sit slightly lower. We use our dining table and it's chairs, with a mix of the church chairs at that table. That's the final table. I also use our kitchen table and it's chairs. We use the folding chairs with those chairs so I can seat 10 at that 82" table. The third table is one with the half-moon base, and I have a flat 8ft oval table top that I cover in a hoody and table topper. For that table we use a mix of the church chairs and folding chairs. Since I don't have a regular poker table, I can't comment about the table height compared to the chairs. The folding chairs sit slightly lower than the church chairs, which I think are about the same height as the dining and kitchen chairs, though I've not actually measured for that. I would say that I wouldn't spend more than $35-40 on chairs. I'd spend the money somewhere else. If you need 30 chairs like I do, spending $195 a chair is over $5,800 just for chairs! And they are used only 13 times a year for me. I can't justify it. I think it would be hard to justify if you played weekly, but that's just me.

We use mostly Costco folding chairs, and frequent breaks. A rock is comfortable if you get time to get up and move around, but for a serious game, more padding would be nice.

I think the 21" would be too wide, but really like the look of the smaller church chairs. Not sure I saw these in different heights? However, for those with gassers, where did find them? What models?

I have chairs that were advertised as Gassers, I haven't confirmed if they are legit or not (I think they are real?). But for $20/chair off CL (in Rockford) I'm not complaining either way. They are very comfortable. They had a TON of them available. If you're interested, Soder might be able to give you the woman's contact info.

I have chairs that were advertised as Gassers, I haven't confirmed if they are legit or not (I think they are real?). But for $20/chair off CL (in Rockford) I'm not complaining either way. They are very comfortable. They had a TON of them available. If you're interested, Soder might be able to give you the woman's contact info.

I can attest your chairs are comfy, and stylish. They look like Gassers, but who knows, who cares. They fit the bill. I'd be more than happy to pay $30 each for chairs like yours (and feel like I was stealing them at that price). I messaged Soder.

Are your chairs stackable?

I got a pure steal from home depot with these chairs.. 50% off few years ago.. 20 bucks each!

They match the table fairly well and are quite comfy

Sent using tapatalk!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418445052250.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418445052250.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 303
I snagged 10 office chairs from work one day when they were upgrading all the chairs in the building. Not the prettiest chairs but all are comfortable. 8 have arm rests and all are adjustable.

I'll have to take a picture of the poker room some time.

Here is one of my chairs. I bought the vinyl chairs at sams club and reupholstered them myself. I added padding and covered them all with SSC from YAT. I did 12 chairs total. Had them for several months now. They have held up great and I have no issues. Everyone thinks they are comfy.

Added padding - so i'm assuming there were screws, and you were able to unscrew the seat from the legs/base. Then covered in top of the existing seat, and attached everything like you were building a rail?

Yes. I unscrewed the existing seat and back. Removed the vinyl. Added extra padding and covered with the speed cloth. I have a series of pictures if you are interested in the specific process

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom