Point Defiance chip thread! (1 Viewer)

catalyzeme

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread, feel free to post some pics :)

I will admit I only cleaned the top layer of chips here. Cleaning hotstamps is a slow, slow process for me. For some reason the hotstamps on the ones look super washed out in the top down picture but they are pretty much complete, you can see better in the close up.

sEffNeL.jpg

AqMCq57.jpg

CgzyO3R.jpg

1A5cH8b.jpg

I'll definitely post some pics after I clean them up. The ones you cleaned look pretty good, are you using dawn?

Love the jokers wild fracs, how do they compare/contrast with the fives in real life?

And yeah, the hot stamp looks a tad faded in pics, but I agree they are actually in very good shape. If I can get them cleaned up decently I am really going to love this little set!

I'll definitely post some pics after I clean them up. The ones you cleaned look pretty good, are you using dawn?

Love the jokers wild fracs, how do they compare/contrast with the fives in real life?

And yeah, the hot stamp looks a tad faded in pics, but I agree they are actually in very good shape. If I can get them cleaned up decently I am really going to love this little set!

I did just use Dawn and a toothbrush for these, and magic eraser for the edge and the non hostamped part of the face for any stubborn bits.

The Joker's Wilds aren't ideal with a red 5, but my game plays small enough that dirty stacks of $5s aren't really an issue. We usually have none or just a handful on the table for our $0.25/0.25 game. If my game played bigger, I have some beige horseshoe hotstamps on the same mold I could use as a frac.

Posting so I can follow!

Also, I am not sure about oxi clean w/ hotstamps, but my normal routine is to use some dish detergent, hot (warm) water, and a smidge of oxi powder in a vat, then allow them to soak for 1 min (20 at a time), then remove and use a finger nail brush to scrub them off. Works very rapidly. Once scrubbed, I rinse under water briefly, then toss the chips into a bowl of clean water. Depending on the level of cleanliness, I change water and detergent bowls when needed.

Once I get done with scrubbing 20 of them, I soak an additional 20 chips, then lay the clean chips on a towel to dry. I'm guessing with hotstamps I'd go very light on the oxi.

I have some 5's and 1's. I hope to be able to get a rack of 25's and 100's someday. I would not mind some fracs but I do not think those will be readily available.

Posting so I can follow!

Also, I am not sure about oxi clean w/ hotstamps, but my normal routine is to use some dish detergent, hot (warm) water, and a smidge of oxi powder in a vat, then allow them to soak for 1 min (20 at a time), then remove and use a finger nail brush to scrub them off. Works very rapidly. Once scrubbed, I rinse under water briefly, then toss the chips into a bowl of clean water. Depending on the level of cleanliness, I change water and detergent bowls when needed.

Once I get done with scrubbing 20 of them, I soak an additional 20 chips, then lay the clean chips on a towel to dry. I'm guessing with hotstamps I'd go very light on the oxi.

I'd go with ZERO oxi. Not worth the risk of turning the gold foil to silver (or worse). You might get lucky..... but why risk it?

Turned out very nice!

Ultrasonic and TSP work fine on hotstamps, FYI.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom