PNY status?

Reaction score
Is it me or do I see a lot of PNY's listed for sale?
Is the market shifting away from them and to custom chips?

I have a couple racks of Primary $25's and a couple racks of $5's.

Is it time to expand and buy? :cool:
I really would like some $1's and fractionals if acquisition is the plan.

gopherblue

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
$5s and $25s seem relatively reasonable to find. The $1s are much harder to find and priced accordingly. The fracs are undervalued and are probably going to see an increase in value.

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is kind of the norm with PNYs - interest fluctuates tremendously. You'll see periods where half a dozen really nice sets pop up in the classifieds and on ebay in a month, than a year will go by before you see another. Building a set is usually either a matter a luck (snapping up a set as it hits the market), overpaying ($/chip or buying full sets to get one rack), being incredibly patient or some combination of the three.

There were several big sets (mostly tourney) sold this year, and I believe a lot of them made their way overseas to France, where it seems a small pocket of interest has exploded :)

dp68094

High Hand
Reaction score
I played with a full cash set of PNY's at a home game last year. IMHO they are nice, but I am not a huge fan of them.

shaboo

Pair
Reaction score
At some point I had a large set of these, even several racks of $20's and about two racks of $1k's, but they always remained an collector's item. You really have to like their RHC mold, their giant inlays and the VERY light $5 chip (barely 8g) and as their inlays aren't textured they are a bit on the slippery side, too. PNYs are quite iconic and they will always find their buyers, but in the end I much prefer more traditional chips, where you can see the base, the spots and the mold in all their glory.

Top Bottom