PNY roulettes (1 Viewer)

carlin

Pair
Reaction score
hi all,

to make a long story short, i'm making a set of roulettes to match my favorite PNY set.

two different inlays (though i doubt i'll ever have two tables). FDL mold (this project just happened to coincide with the FDL mold repair push). i sorta figured that the FDL mold matched a roulette theme, plus the larger inlay size makes the images easier to see. the original plan was for 6 colors, but--like all my sets--it just grew to 8. i chose a transport theme.... hence the taxi and subway images.

j5 is fantastic to work with (as always i understand). and so is david at CPC. many thanks to both.

though the design is set, i would appreciate any comments (pro and con). thanks in advance.

gc_pny_r2c.jpg

gc_pny_r2d.jpg

i will post pictures when i get them.

happy holidays all!

-gc :)

Nice! Do you have a decent roulette wheel? I have pitched the idea to my friends and local guys but have had mixed reactions.

Very nice. Love the colors you've picked and the inlay I great.

Nice! Do you have a decent roulette wheel? I have pitched the idea to my friends and local guys but have had mixed reactions.

no roulette wheel yet, but there is reasonable interest in the group that i play with. right now we play craps/poker/BJ. the first wheel won't be fancy though, too $$. a second one would be nicer. but the chips are an easy buy: unanimous. as i tell my wife: all the voices in my head are clamoring for more chips.

Very cool chips GC, I'd also be interested in a sample set to add to my PNY collection if you're selling them.

Nice sets, does the 7 on the train mean something (lucky number 7...?), just curious as it does stand out.
Very cool though!
nitzilla

I'd have to get out the samples, and I can't quite tell the colors without getting them out, but the orange and yellow hued colors...do they have enough contrast?

Nice sets, does the 7 on the train mean something (lucky number 7...?), just curious as it does stand out.
Very cool though!
nitzilla

it just happened to be the picture that i chose. i also thought 'lucky number 7', but that wasn't the reason i chose that picture. i wanted an older style subway car (since the PNYs were made in the 90s) and i liked the background of the city.

I'd have to get out the samples, and I can't quite tell the colors without getting them out, but the orange and yellow hued colors...do they have enough contrast?

the colors are: DG pink, DG arc yellow, canary, light green, blue, retro lavender, grey, and chocolate. i've been carrying around those samples for the last month or so and (IMHO) i think they will be ok. i wanted primary/secondary pastel colors for the chips (the grey and chocolate colors i added later in the design--thought they went well with the other colors). i spent a lot of time placing two colors together checking for contrast, but the real test will be after i get a wheel.

OH BOY! OH BOY! chips in the mail! delivery next wednesday! christmas in march!

4 boxes. 68 lbs. gotta be here to sign for---to hell with work. i feel sick next wed.

pron forthcoming.

cheers all,

Nice chips - I would like to see your setup in person sometime and learn to play craps.

Nice chips - I would like to see your setup in person sometime and learn to play craps.

certainly! i've toyed w/ the idea of having a PCF/CT craps game/lesson, but wasn't sure if there would be much interest. i was sorry to have missed your last get together.

cheers,

the chips arrived thursday, but i wasn't able to do much since our big annual party was over the weekend. working on them now......

arrival...

001.jpg

quick look....

002.jpg

003.jpg

happiness is....... more chips!! :)

004.jpg

005.jpg

1/2 way through inventory.....

006.jpg

full inventory.....

007.jpg

008.jpg

for some reason, i thought i'd never oil chips...... shows you what i know.

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

the colors look better in person....

015.jpg

more pr0n to follow....

Last edited:
Came back for another look. Some of the pics here MUST make the PCF calendar!! J5 did an amazing job with these. IMO one of his best.

Sooo cool. Congrats on your new chips. We need better close up pr0n. ;)

tapatalking ...

Congrats on the set, they came out fantastic. I'm sure it was a pain but the difference in colors with a bit of oil is immense.

for those interested, here are some scans at 600dpi.

PNYs:

PNYscan.jpg

PNY roulettes:

PNYscan2.jpg

we did our best to match image resolution and got sorta close. here is the actual inlay that was submitted (taxi inlay):

gc_pny_taxi_inlay_final.jpg

.... a short while later....

uh..... looks like the uploaded image resolution is lower than actual, so you can't really see the details.... sorry.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom