PNY Bounty Chips (1 Viewer)

Irish

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
My PNY set is one of the only tourney sets I own without a similar themed bounty chip. For whatever reason, nearly all the previous PNY bounty chip designs have included ghastly Yankee Stadium on the chip, which is why I don't own any (except a sample). So, considering I've already done customs for dealer button and plaques, it's time for a new bounty chip design. And no it won't be Citi Field.... :LOL: :laugh:

The chips will be done on ABC 43mm ceramics. I have a few ideas, figured I throw them out there to get some opinions.

First was the Wall Street Charging Bull. I've been all over the place on overall chip color, but I'm thinking either dark red or bronze (bronze especially for this design):
PNY_Bounty_Bull_Bronze.png

PNY_Bounty_Bull_Red.png

The other landmark idea was the Washington Square Park Arch (day or night shot):

PNY_Bounty_WashingtonArch_Red02.png

PNY_Bounty_WashingtonArch_Red01.png

And finally I thought a Riker's Island chip would be kind of funny for a bounty chip, but I think only folks who have flown into LaGuardia would be able to ID the photo lol.

PNY_Bounty_RikersIsland_Red01.png

Appreciate the feedback guys. I do really like the arch photo, but after sleeping on it for a few days, I think the Bull Statue makes the most sense for a bounty chip. Also leaning towards red, latest mock-up is a little brighter than the previous brick red color.

PNY_Bounty_Bull_Red1.png

Appreciate the feedback guys. I do really like the arch photo, but after sleeping on it for a few days, I think the Bull Statue makes the most sense for a bounty chip. Also leaning towards red, latest mock-up is a little brighter than the previous brick red color.

View attachment 417303
I think the red is a great choice!

Got the theme of “bulls seeing red” ... “ready to knock someone out”

Not sure if you care or not, but I think the font on the PNY chips is cooper black regular if you want the match.

I think the red is a great choice!

Got the theme of “bulls seeing red” ... “ready to knock someone out”

Not sure if you care or not, but I think the font on the PNY chips is cooper black regular if you want the match.

It's really a shame that CT is completely defunct now, because there's a thread somewhere on there that discusses PNY font. From memory/notes, the font is a modified version of Bookman old style - which you'd never guess when looking at the base font. But when it's made bold and the font is compressed horizontally and the text spacing is shortened, I believe that's the font used for the original chips. Well at least for around the border, the denominations are further customized.

Back when I had more energy I was able to get pretty close with the group buy dealer buttons, that's where this file started from lol:

PNY_Dealer_Button3_BothSides_WTC-B.png
PNY_Bounty_Bull_Red1.png

Now that I'm looking at it, the combination of shrinking the design down (60mm button to a 43mm chip) and adding the black outline to the text has a noticeable "slimming" effect, I'll have to work on this some more over the weekend. Thanks for the note @Geremie I don't think I would have noticed until they got here.

There also appears to be some sort of shadow effect on the font as well.

Let me know what you come up with! I’m always curious about PNY related things!!!

Here’s a comparison:
F28806CB-CA09-4832-AB61-77551AD73E0F.jpeg
02E00A34-4FA2-4CCE-9AA6-C90774FE6146.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom