PM Folders added (1 Viewer)

I have started to re go through all my messages and refolder them. In a folder, I have a message from T_Chan.

1596678849702.png

With that folder (or any folder) open, I try to filter by convo with that person.
1596678903853.png

It comes back and tells me it's not available. From searching a couple different things, it looks like the filter is only going through my Inbox. Am I missing some type of selector of search all folders?
1596678920708.png

lol I was thinking about posting this same question yesterday and today. Filter feature only works on the inbox in the new update however you can still accomplish the same goal - albeit with a few more clicks - via the conversation search. Select "Conversation Titles", leave the "Keyword" fill in blank, and put the members name in the "Posted By" and it will return a list of all the conversations you've had with that member sorted by date regardless of subfolder.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at Wednesday, August 5, 2020 - 10.08.20 PM.png

lol I was thinking about posting this same question yesterday and today. Filter feature only works on the inbox in the new update however you can still accomplish the same goal - albeit with a few more clicks - via the conversation search. Select "Conversation Titles", leave the "Keyword" fill in blank, and put the members name in the "Posted By" and it will return a list of all the conversations you've had with that member sorted by date regardless of subfolder.

View attachment 503835
Perfect, thank you much! Wanted to make sure there was a workaround before I filtered everything!

View attachment 503835
This still doesn't work.

If I do this, it gives the convos that that person started. But it doesn't return messages they're included in that I started. So now I can search most things, but still can't search for any foldered convos that I started. Again, no complaint at all here, just trying to figure out if this is system intent or a bug.

Search Convos with keyword blank and username
1596699058906.png

Results
1596699083772.png

Results not including convo's with user that I started
1596699157022.png

This is clearly a bug. There is a workaround.

1. go to the folder you want to filter by
2. filter for messages received by T_Chan
3. copy the "?receiver_id=NNN" from the URL
4. hit your browser Back button
5. paste what you copied in step 3 at the end of the URL
6. hit enter
7. sacrifice a goat

6. hit enter
7. sacrifice a goat
Oh snap, nice! That does work! I mean, it's a heck of a workaround but it works!

I was just curious if this was a bug or not as it would dictate how I organize and use folders.

6. hit enter
7. sacrifice a goat
...and now all your base are belong to @navels

Any there any planned upgrades of having more than 5 folders for conversations? I don't know how everyone else manages their inbox but 5 doesn't seem like enough to manage all the different types of conversations that take place on here. FYI Im one of those people who rarely deletes email but have a folder for every interaction. I guess I guess Im just too used to gmail.

Any there any planned upgrades of having more than 5 folders for conversations? I don't know how everyone else manages their inbox but 5 doesn't seem like enough to manage all the different types of conversations that take place on here. FYI Im one of those people who rarely deletes email but have a folder for every interaction. I guess I guess Im just too used to gmail.
I don't believe so at this time.

I need more folders in my life. my inbox is getting out of control. I don't know how all you veterans manage it.
I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but as a vendor you have access to additional folders. Probably not a thing for you being from Sydney, but a route that some folks have pondered (pay to be vendor to have access to additional folders).

For the folks who routinely use PMs and have group buys and things of that nature, I think at some point you're just okay with letting some slip through your fingers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom