PLO8 Hand with a high only starter - .25/.50 (1 Viewer)

Even with villain's reputation I am not liking this so much. How reclass can he be? Is he repoting on a draw? A worse trips? I see the verbage suggests the villain is a calling station more than aggressive.

Let's not make matters harder by betting and getting raised again. I lean towards a check/call. But with some more villain data I could make that a check/fold.

This is going to hurt. Hero is going to face an all-in on the river many times. And Hero really only has six or seven outs.

I am already hurting -=- DrStrange

Somehow villian 1 is both. Highly aggressive preflop, on flops and turns. Big time river calling station. Never believes anyone.

Pot-repot multiway on the flop, trapped between two opponents, with no low possible, paired board and either of which could stack me? I fold having invested only $6.75

5 clean out, plus two probable outs, plus the chance we can collect huge if we improvement. I am less worried about AA being out given the action. It's close, and maybe I am a bit seduced by the royal draw, but I think I call here.

I'm putting opponents on jacks and the case queen. Jacks and QJ would not be surprising.
Six outs to a scoop, unless the player with the case queen also has an ace.
6/40 is 15% equity, but we have to contribute 25% of the pot.
It's setting money on fire to call, but I kinda want to.

It's sick, but how do you fold with the open ended straight flush? Maybe your two opponents have jacks and tens, which would leaves you with a live queen, plus any K or A. Probably one of them has a Q, but that still leaves you with 8 outs, maybe. I mean I hate it, and you're losing your stack, but this is omaha. Giddyap.

Hero cries into his bourbon and calls.

River brings the :7h:.

HERO checks. VILLAIN 1 bets half pot. VILLAIN 2 CALLS.

HERO folds.

VILLAIN 1 shows JJxx
VILLAIN 2 shows Q7xx (no overs with the queen, just 3 low cards)

Hero cries into his bourbon and calls.

River brings the :7h:.

HERO checks. VILLAIN 1 bets half pot. VILLAIN 2 CALLS.

HERO folds.

VILLAIN 1 shows JJxx
VILLAIN 2 shows Q7xx (no overs with the queen, just 3 low cards)

We figured JJ was out there and the other Q as well. I don’t think I would play it any differently, especially with how wild the Villains are described.

good job of not going crazy and shoving in the flop when you only get called by better hands.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom