PLO - Galfond Challenge (1 Viewer)

BukNaked36

Straight
Reaction score
Challenge is less than 20% complete and Galfond is down $420,555. Yikes!

Interesting to watch high stakes heads up PLO - sooo much aggression. Joe Stapleton is trying a little too hard but their PLO guy Richard Gryko seems sharp - but I'm not good enough at PLO to really judge.

Galfond so impressive.. hanging in there while running so bad as everyone is tuning in to watch the carnage. Can’t imagine being in that position!

I love the challenge, I hate the setup. Very hard to watch cards down but it's still fun. I can't believe how much he is down. I wonder what's going through his head? I hope his decision was to play the best first to get him back into the grind. Then by the end of this he just destroys the other opponents? What are your thoughts on that?

Was thinking the same. Line up the most difficult opponents early hoping to break even or lose small (obviously this isn’t going to plan) and then come back and book wins against inferior competition like Bill Perkins etc.

He’s so impressive... puts it all into perspective when I’m going through a ~$1500-2k downswing and all doubting everything I know!

What an endgame boss. Someone named Phil Galfond wants to pay €3k a day (like a million dollars right?) to not play against you.

Between Dwan and Galfond it hasn't really worked out for the players that have issued these challenges. The problem is that the only people taking them up on it are experts.

It looked like it was over for Phil at so many points. But then Phil pulls the boom switch on his site and spikes a T on the river for Tens full and ends up winning a big pot to take it down. The last stream was really intense to watch considering there are no hole cards shown.

Anyone been following Galfond vs ActionFreak?

PG basically leading the whole way and up over 400,000 euros with around 1700 hands left to play. Getting close to being able to just fold all the way to the win. This was probably considered the most difficult match for him overall I think. Just a beast PLO player.

Been incredibly impressive to watch him these past 18+ months. Hard to comprehend the skill level of the types of opponents he's just demolished.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom