PLO fold? (1 Viewer)

trever

Flush
Reaction score
Saw this on 2+2 and thought I'd post it here too. Poker pro jnandez87 is doing a bankroll challenge and shared this hand.

.10/.20 (euros) PLO 6max
All relevant players have 100bb

Folded to button who raises to 3bb
J raises to 10bb with 4d As 10s Jh
BB calls
Button calls

Flop is 8s 7s 6c
J checks
BB checks
Button bets pot

J folds?

I always miss the flop when I 3 bet, so I have no personal experience with this, but folding a hand with 12 nut outs seems crazy nitty?

JNandez confirmed SUPER nitty even self-admittedly. Not shocked by any fold he makes.

It is pretty nitty, but not horrible. He doesn't close the action, BB could come over the top still.

1 nine is likely gone in buttons hand.

The bankroll challenge could be playing into the decision. I don't known the parameters of it, but I am guessing he can't reload so he may be going ultra conservative for the challenge.

Double gutter, nut spade draw? Ya not folding. Likely betting.

Kind of a tangent here, but I'm always uncomfortable, especially with Omaha games, when we talk about nuts or nut outs right after the flop.
If the board pairs, those nut outs are gone. Runner runner clubs have the same effect.
I know this is a nitty attitude.
Recently somebody posted about flopping the nuts in Omaha, but it was a middle straight.
I just find the idea of "nuts for now" to be scarey in Omaha.

Kind of a tangent here, but I'm always uncomfortable, especially with Omaha games, when we talk about nuts or nut outs right after the flop.
If the board pairs, those nut outs are gone. Runner runner clubs have the same effect.
Recently somebody posted about flopping the nuts in Omaha, but it was a middle straight.
I just find the idea of "nuts for now" to be scarey in Omaha.

Agreed, and Omaha is a drawing game. But he has draws TO the nuts. Correct, a paired board destroys our equity.

Not a nitty attitude at all. If the turn pairs the board in Omaha, and you only have flush & straight draws -- run!, or fold, or at least proceed very carefully. But don't give up your nut draws until the board pairs.

Not a nitty attitude at all. If the turn pairs the board in Omaha, and you only have flush & straight draws -- run!, or fold, or at least proceed very carefully. But don't give up your nut draws until the board pairs.

Villain is likely not leading out with a set on this board with action behind him. I'm OK calling here, and if we're HU, and the board pairs, I'm actually OK with it. Note that I am really OK with the board pairing in this situation in high/lo, but with 5 card PLO, I'm much, much less happier with both flatting here and with the board pairing. The likelihood that villain has some sort of 2 pair or set to go with his nut flopped straight is concerning with the extra card in PLO. Danglers will kill you in 5 card Omaha.

I'm OK calling here, and if we're HU, and the board pairs, I'm actually OK with it.
And I'm sure that went into the equation too - it's not HU yet. If he flats, and bb flats, that's unpleasant. If bb pots, that's very unpleasant.

My question is how hard do you have to hit the flop after raising pre-flop?

Never fold in PLO.

Okay I'll read the question now.

Reading the question didn't change my mind, still calling.

If I'm going to criticize anything, 3 betting this pf seems a little high-variance, and foolish if you aren't going to continue on a board this good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom