PLO 15/30 scenario / hand discussion (1 Viewer)

I just didn’t envision villian betting river even with a straight, flush or a bluff after hero has called pre, flop and turn.

I just didn’t envision villian betting river even with a straight, flush or a bluff after hero has called pre, flop and turn.

Heros line could look like a draw. If that draw whiffs on the river, villian might continue barreling, or might check to induce hero to bluff so he can call with Aces up for instance

Villian could hit his draw on the river and either bet it or check to induce krish to bluff

Tons more value imo to be made by just calling the turn

The turn is going to be very tricky. You have the nuts for now but you don't have much for redraw - 8 cards for quads/boat. The J will give you a straight but it's one you won't be confident about.

The turn will likely bring something you don't want to see. Any diamond, paint, or 7-9.

Some will say repot to charge draws. If he's got one of the wraps and/or flush draw, he's likely calling/raising any size raise. So you're bloating a pot and making the turn a more difficult decision.

If you flat, you continue to control the pot size and see what the turn brings. As it is likely going to be an undesirable card that fills a draw, the benefit is you continue to control the pot size. Flatting in this spot on occasion also helps disguise your hand. He'll have a harder time putting you on the boat if the board pairs. So increases the chances of getting paid when you get there.

I think you're overlooking all the airballs that can land on the turn for hero. Every low non diamond card allows us to pot the turn again.

You hit the flop hard and have straight and flush blockers, which are relevent.

Raising isn't terrible, but I don't mind a call. It disguises your strength, allows villian to continue bluffing the turn and also allows you to see a safe turn before bloating the pot

Ugh, I hate your turn raise. You're really only worried about a river Ace or Ten, and even then 3-handed he doesn't have to improve on either of those

I flat the turn to keep in his bluffs and draws. He can still barrel rivers into you if he flushes or straightens, or if draws whiff and he thinks you missed so he bluffs

THIS 100%. Flat the turn.

If I have a solid read on my opponent and I'm confident they were betting the draw on the flop, I'll even check it back on this turn in position. But only if I have a good read (something that takes years of experience to have, so probably shouldn't be an option for a newer player to the game).

No I liked your advice. Hmm got me thinking.

I’m raising on the turn to build a big pot hoping Villian has a boat too.

There aren't enough boats in villains range though. Three 66 combos and just two QT combos. The T6 combos should be heavily discounted. And villain isn't a weak enough player to pay off with bottom boat. I would estimate that villain is at least 5 to 1 to have a draw heavy hand here than he is to be in boat range. Probably more like 10 to 1 against.

Man, PLO bites. Look at this hand. If I had something to do differently, I’d have gone all in on the turn, so we had the option of running it twice, but I’m unfamiliar with the interface, and clicked the wrong thing.

9DB110B8-0056-4F4F-8946-6E91AA5A0CCF.png

Man, PLO bites. Look at this hand. If I had something to do differently, I’d have gone all in on the turn, so we had the option of running it twice, but I’m unfamiliar with the interface, and clicked the wrong thing.

View attachment 988649
not the same stakes but the same PLO pain against an absolute degen maniac who just keeps potting pre until someone just calls to close the action.

https://replay.x-poker.net/v2/?uid=766117&replay_key=91da89f6-a7f8-592f-9ca9-bc91ecff6b48

https://replay.x-poker.net/v2/?uid=766117&replay_key=28fa5ec5-c429-530f-9d94-55653db7f3d9

was originally up 20+ buyins in the club then went on a 40+ buyin downswing.

This is PLO.

View attachment 988649
Aruba does this to me on a weekly basis. The guy is a luck box (most nights anyway)…..

Hmmmm not necessarily.

@ the flop you certainly could have and should usually raise.

Turn card = now it’s a full house game or quads. If he has Q10, 66, maybe 610, you’re getting paid w the turn raise. And you may not have got paid on turn if you had raised on the flop!

Checking turn I don’t think helps you out. Even if he hits a flush or straight on the river your not getting any bets or calls from Villian.

Since you checked flop (incorrect) atleast betting turn was probably correct!

i'm not sure he even bets the turn with 66. if you have 66 in his shoes you're not looking to "charge" flush draws / straight draws, you're expecting them to mostly fold to his 3/4 sizing. those are the hands you want to keep in. it's one of the more ideal strong hands to check/call with (aside from when you have teh board locked up with something like TT or QQT).

clearly against bluffs it's way way worse to raise. whether it's "good" depends on what he does with his value, and how crazy he thinks you are. because aside from the two combos of QT left in the deck (and 1 combo of TT), there's not a whole lot that should reliably be calling your pot sized turn raise and then also calling a big river bet. i think it's way worse than the flop call which is at least somewhat debatable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom