Please vote and provide comments on my potential Sazerac Room add on 1ks. Thanks! (1 Viewer)

Which 1k color/spot pattern do you prefer?

• Rethink the life choices that led you to this point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tonysquander

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I am really having a hard time finalizing my 1k add on chip for my Sazerac Room set. Planning on adding a frac, 500, 1k and 5k but cannot decide which 1k to go with after my initial idea was shelved. Thoughts and opinions welcome!

Thanks,

TS

709ccb7f-f9e5-4192-8f9c-bc8b8a14fc50.png

6fd337f6-56d3-424d-a516-3c8b23bf30a5.png

Is that blue and dg saturn? I like it but the problem w/ using the non-dg colors w/ dg base is the potential for split spots which is why I was trying to stay in the same color group
it was blue and dg saturn. You could also do blurple and canary..

1663084641311.png

Reactions: BNM
Latest iteration. May need to revise the poll to see if people like the dg yellow better than the dg green on the 1k

9.21.22.png

Ok, I have followed your set and am actually drinking a Sazerac as I type this. I am from Louisiana and spent years in New Orleans. I know the basis for the colors on the original chips. What is the background for the frac and 1K?

I like the tri moon spot for the frac better.

Mud

@Mudfever On the 1k the DG peacock/DG yellow spots would be representative of my HS colors and the base DG Tiger would be a homage to boiled crawfish. It should be a deeper darker red, I know, but I have to give some consideration to dirty stacks, traditional colors of chips, etc.

The frac is a toughy. This is where I am at now, with one spot and base color representing HS again (since this chip and the 1k would never be on the table together) and then the DG peach reminds me of coloration on some cajun hibiscus my grandmother had. I like the idea of tri-moons but have also been liking the look of the V12s as well, when looking at them from the top and edge. This is where I am at on the frac currently:

8d3f7eb8-d093-4ec8-9116-19c99c83c0b0.png

Last edited:
So. Much. Yellow.

I like pretty much all the chips individually, and think your latest .25 is the best, same with the $1k, but, man, that’s a lot of yellow.

The thing that’s throwing me off the most is the denoms not being centered with the shield. It looks like the $ is pushing them over to the right - throws off the symmetry. Even-numbered denoms should have the shield centered between the numbers. Odd-numbered denoms should have the shield centered on the center number.
Try these:
1. Make $ symbol smaller,
2. Reduce the kerning between the symbol and the first number (might shift over to the left),
3. Re-center the type line,
or
4. Remove the $ symbol entirely to center the number better.

Hope this helps!

The thing that’s throwing me off the most is the denoms not being centered with the shield. It looks like the $ is pushing them over to the right - throws off the symmetry. Even-numbered denoms should have the shield centered between the numbers. Odd-numbered denoms should have the shield centered on the center number.
Try these:
1. Make $ symbol smaller,
2. Reduce the kerning between the symbol and the first number (might shift over to the left),
3. Re-center the type line,
or
4. Remove the $ symbol entirely to center the number better.

Hope this helps!
Yeah, those inlays are placeholders on the new chips, that’s just me screwing around in AI changing colors and numbers on older files. When that part of it is finalized, I will have my actual designer fix everything so it looks right. I’m just trying to lock down the new colors and spots at this point.

What HS? Those aren’t Brother Martin or Rummel colors.

By the way, what rye do you use for your Sazerac’s? Old Overholt is my current favorite.

Mud

Last edited:
What HS? Those aren’t Brother Martin or Rummel colors.

By the way, what rye do you use for your Sazerac’s? Old Overholt is my current favorite.

Mud
Went to HS on the Northshore - St. Pauls-which is blue/and a brighter gold. Old Overholt is classic and makes a great drink. We have a guy who loves Bulleit so that gets mixed in too and makes a pretty good drink as well. Now you’re making me thirsty :LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom