Please help me fix my $5 colors (2 Viewers)

warma

Full House
Reaction score
As I've stated before, I rushed into a set design. I'm going back to fix my mistakes and would love some input on redesigning my $5.

Here's the current set with a reasonably close mock-up of the new $5 inlay. ($20 inlay is being redone.)

Rules:
1. It will remain a 3-color trimoon.
3. The other chips will remain the same.
4. The $5 can't use a color found on another chip.
5. I won't use the CPC colors Yellow or Orange as the base (they're used in other sets).

Suggestions on base and spots?

warma_lcrown_2.01.png

Last edited:
I would either go canary with reddish brownish orange spots

de4c8a06-974e-46b1-b66c-4c9614ea087a.png

Or whatever base color you like with a trifecta of yellow ( Dg Yellow/DG Saturn/Canary ). I think its a nice transition from the $1 with 3 of the same color spots and the $100 with 3 different color spots.

981f9e8d-8f17-4b19-8d7e-c9e2cd6c6d8b.png

102c6061-2417-41be-9075-f4844a9e4e51.png

3f0fe8a2-fb11-4da1-8e6b-440ee78af8f2.png

*edit* nevermind, i though we were replacing the maroon chip. i did not realize the inlays were placeholders. will try again:

1668176745549.png

Last edited:
Or whatever base color you like with a trifecta of yellow ( Dg Yellow/DG Saturn/Canary ). I think its a nice transition from the $1 with 3 of the same color spots and the $100 with 3 different color spots.
Very cool spot progression idea, I love that gray one!

Grey with inlay, red option. As the great suggestions come in, I realize that I'd like to avoid over-saturation of some tones (blues, browns, purples), which is really limiting at this stage. One of the things I didn't like about the original set, and wasn't able to verbalize until now, was how close the colors were on the 5 and 20. I think the mono-chrome spot pattern is the answer and going with the traditional $5 yellow opens up the base color.

I’ve always been a fan of red with yellow, but with the retro lavender, it may not be the right chip for this set.

warma_lcrown_2.02.png

What are your thoughts on replacing the maroon chip?

I don't recall specifically what I had come up with, I didn't save it. I remember I had originally said it should be pretty dark to contrast with the rest of the original lineup, I think it was something along these lines:

1668629438563.png

I don't recall specifically what I had come up with, I didn't save it. I remember I had originally said it should be pretty dark to contrast with the rest of the original lineup, I think it was something along these lines:

View attachment 1024378
Interesting colors, but I think a bit dark. My next set is a bit more muted and vintage, so my room to play with light is in this set.

Here’s what I’m sitting on, with the red/charcoal as an option. (I’m playing across 2 sets, so any changes here impact the other. I think I’m leaning towards gray/maroon as a result, and it would allow me to go smaller on my $20s and have a backup should I need it.) I like the yellow concept, I’m just not totally confident in how those yellows will turn out…
7409E28D-2705-48A7-BAD1-BB79F719FECC.png

If keeping the maroon $20, I'd go with either tiger/charcoal or grey/canary.

I'd definitely keep the $5 with monotone spots however, no matter what option(s) you choose -- the resulting set is so much better balanced. Only way I'd go 3-color spots is if you never expected the $20s to see action.

Thanks @BGinGA for the tiger/charcoal combo… I’ll have to play with that. Might use it down the line. I think it’s already red biased with the frac and $20, so I’m looking for something to balance it and I think gray is it.

I’m struggling with the DG Saturn on the tri-yellow option. It’s such a hit or miss color. I do like the tri-yellow concept, but not sure which path I’ll take (single yellow or tri-yellow).

Womp womp. Gray/DG yellow works, but the three yellows don't do it for me. Which is a total bummer.
IMG_6001.jpeg
IMG_5988.jpeg

The $20’s maroon…. ;) This thread is dead anyway… I’m going in a different direction. I just wanted to show what the spot combo looked like for reference. I’ll post better pictures in the Chip DB at some point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom