Please help me find a capsule/air-tite for this military challenge coin! (2 Viewers)

dmoney

Full House
Reaction score
I have a 67mm x 45mm challenge coin from General David Petraeus and I want to get a capsule for it. I know very little about coin collecting/accessories - hopefully someone here can help!

Ideally I think I’d like a rectangle shape case with some foam padding inside that I could trim to the correct shape.

Story behind the coin is that I was an intern at West Point in 2009, and was in the press box during a football game when he came through to do an interview on-air. He was shaking hands with most folks there and he slipped the coin into my hand in the traditional style when I shook his hand.
1C42FF89-4ED5-43A4-8777-B314E639F271.jpeg

I've never seen a square holder before nor have I ever seen someone display a coin or coins in airtights. Most of the time when we display coins they're usually in some sort of wooden rack that props them up. I don't have a holder yet but here's my collection (don't have one from any generals though so you got me there)

20210226_202330.jpg

20210226_202339.jpg

I've never seen a square holder before nor have I ever seen someone display a coin or coins in airtights. Most of the time when we display coins they're usually in some sort of wooden rack that props them up. I don't have a holder yet but here's my collection (don't have one from any generals though so you got me there)

View attachment 651794

View attachment 651793

Cool collection! I have just this one, so I don't mind doing something a little unique with it, and don't anticipate collecting more coins.

My stepfather got these two coins at the 75th anniversary of D-Day. He was one of a dozen veterans flown to France for the commemoration. He almost died on the flight home, but he is a stubborn old man - still kicking today at 97.

AF3F4EEA-F35E-43FA-8D25-1153DC00E523.jpeg
5F0B6B43-82FD-461B-B191-B753F7C69DEC.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom