Play Pocket 10's with me 1/2 NL (1 Viewer)

Seems like he is betting to get most off of your stack slowly into the pot. I don't like that at all coming from a TAG villain. Add in a disclaimer statement like "same bet" to discount the reason for his betting and I'm seeing alarms everywhere.

Last edited:
OP never said he was a ~skilled~ TAG...... :sneaky:

Feels like AKh to me.

Results are irrelevant. All that matters are good decisions
This is partly true, but since we are vested in your story, we want to know the outcome. We also wan to find out if our reads on the villains actions were correct. Without knowing his holdings, we don't know if we made the right decisions based on those reads

I didn't see anything about the number of players at the table. AJo is a little "loose" for a TAG playing at a full table (only a little loose). But if the table were shorter then AJo starts to look a little better for an UTG raise.

Villain's post flop play looks weak. Hero got 3-1 on the flop and 5-1 on the turn. All those bets did was beg for drawing hands to call. Villain is surely going to get stacked when Hero is ahead of top pair / top kicker. The tiny bets allowed hero to draw getting favorable odds. Of course, as it turned out Hero was way behind. Enough so that even the tiny bet sizing still didn't offer hero adequate odds.

This is partly true, but since we are vested in your story, we want to know the outcome. We also wan to find out if our reads on the villains actions were correct. Without knowing his holdings, we don't know if we made the right decisions based on those reads

Its impossible to read hands because the author is responsible for the background information. For example, you guys were making judgments based on the premise that villain was TAG... which turned out to be suspect.

Its impossible to read hands because the author is responsible for the background information. For example, you guys were making judgments based on the premise that villain was TAG... which turned out to be suspect.

Villain had gotten involved in 3 hands in the previous hour of play, and only when entering the pot with a raise. Not sure how else I could've classified him.

I think TAG is a legitimate assessment. He could have easily gone on mini boredom tilt, saw AJo UTG, said screw it, and raised just to get in the action. Then he got lucky, got a bunch of folds, and hit his J vs our hero while in position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom