Play Pocket 10's with me 1/2 NL (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
The game is 1/2 NL with a $200 max buyin at Silks Poker Room at Tampa Bay Downs.

Hero's stack is $110, Villain covers.

Villain is UTG and has been pretty tight all game, so labeling him TAG. He is UTG and raises to $12. Everyone folds to Hero in the SB who looks at :tc::td:

Hero?

Call and see a flop. You'll talk yourself in to folding if he puts you to a preflop decision for your stack and if you raise and he calls you are OOP with little over a pot-sized stack and any one of the 16 overs in the deck is going to make you dislike the flop unless you hit the set.

^ this.... unless you've seen him fold to a pre-flop shove. :sneaky:

I could respect a fold here . . . Hero barely has chips for a set mining plan.

There is a RIO problem facing Hero - If villain has a "big ace" Hero might win no more than the blinds and $12 but if villain hold a bigger pair, then Hero could easily get stacked.

Jamming will win $15 a lot of the time either by folding out villain or by getting called by AK / AQ where hero is marginal favorite. But when villain hold JJ+ hero loses ~$66.

Just call me a nit but I don't much care for Hero's prospects -=- DrStrange

I am trying to imagine scenarios where TAG is going to pay us money. I can't think of very many.

The game is 1/2 NL with a $200 max buyin at Silks Poker Room at Tampa Bay Downs.

Hero's stack is $110, Villain covers.

Villain is UTG and has been pretty tight all game, so labeling him TAG. He is UTG and raises to $12. Everyone folds to Hero in the SB who looks at :tc::td:

Hero calls $12, BB folds

Pot: $25
Hero's stack: $98

Flop: :jh::5h::3s:

Hero?

Hero checks, Villain bets, Hero folds (Hero's stack $98)
Hero is big blind folds (Hero's stack $96)
Hero gets aces UTG!

Same bet = I ain't got nuthin' (usually)

(I'm tired of playing hands with you though. We always do so shitty. My bankroll can't handle it. :LOL: :laugh:)

Hero calls $12, BB folds

Pot: $25
Hero's stack: $98

Flop: :jh::5h::3s:

Hero checks. Villain says "same bet" and puts out $12.

Same bet = I ain't got nuthin' (usually)

Hero thinks along the same line, that Villain usually doesn't have much in this spot with that line, Hero calls $12

Pot: $49
Hero's Stack: $86

Turn: :8c:

Hero?

I'd shove out of frustration with the stupid "same bets," at this point.

This. And start pulling out your wallet to rebuy when villain shows KK. Sounds like you're priced in for your stack. And villain might be taking the same line with AK type hands that missed the flop/turn

I may be too late to this discussion with flop/turn revealed, but as some of my prior suggestions, I am not set mining or slow playing my 10s, given the stack sizes. 50-60BB simply isn't deep enough to give you opportunity to make a lot of post flop decisions.

I am 3-betting and depending on my read and especially desire to 'gamble', I will decide what to do if he 4-bet shove pre. I personally call it off with 55BB, but am never folding pre and never flat calling.

Call > Fold > 3bet imo.

Hand has too much equity to fold but against a tight UTG range of [TT-AA, AJs+], he only has ~41% equity.

By 3betting, we're getting it in at best as a coin flip against a player who is likely not folding pre, especially not for ~55 BBs.

Calling and and allowing opponent to continue with his hands that whiff the flop is a better line.

Hero thinks along the same line, that Villain usually doesn't have much in this spot with that line, Hero calls $12

Pot: $49
Hero's Stack: $86

Turn: :8c:

Hero checks. Villain again says "same bet" and puts $12 out.

Hero calls $12

Pot: $73
Hero's Stack: $74

River: :jd:

so the board is:

:jh::5h::3s::8c::jd:

Hero is first to act, Hero?

I would treat the turn $12 as a check.

So on the river, we should be looking for value - bet ~$25-35, fold to a raise.

Well, the river makes it less likely he's holding a jack. I think he's got you crushed, or he's on AK type hands that missed and he's trying to blow you off your hand. So you have to pay $40 to win $113. Almost 3:1 odds to make a call.

I'd personally make the call, expect to be behind 50% of the time, but given the odds, I'd sleep ok either way.

Pot: $73
Hero's Stack: $74

River: :jd:

so the board is:

:jh::5h::3s::8c::jd:

Hero is first to act, Hero checks. Villain bets $40. Based on Villain's line throughout this hand:

- really weak flop and turn bets
- saying "same bet"
- big river bet when board pairs

Hero believes Villain whiffed the flop, possibly had a flush draw with an AK/AQ suited type hand and was trying to control the price of said draw and when the river pairs Jacks it's less likely he has a Jack in his hand and has to bet big with a missed flush draw to have any hope of winning the hand.

Hero calls $40

Any Pair tens through aces from villain would not surprise me too much here either.

Are you withholding the results in order to get feedback on what we should do next?

Here's what we do, as it looks like the villain is slow rolling the eff outta us, we announce "I've called, show me your damn cards"

Well, the river makes it less likely he's holding a jack. I think he's got you crushed, or he's on AK type hands that missed and he's trying to blow you off your hand. So you have to pay $40 to win $113. Almost 3:1 odds to make a call.

I'd personally make the call, expect to be behind 50% of the time, but given the odds, I'd sleep ok either way.
Yes. Plus, if this session is to continue for a while, I think the info you'll learn at showdown is easily worth $40.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom