PLAY BALL!!!!! (1 Viewer)

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
In about 10 minutes, will be one of the best things to happen to 2020 -- the beginning of the baseball "season"!! While it will be a strange season, and it probably won't reach a conclusion, I'm as excited as hell for the players to jump over the foul line and head out to their positions.

I've always said, out of all of the seasons, my favorite season is Baseball Season.

So damn excited for something to look forward to -- watching some baseball every day!! Hell yes. WAHOOOOOOOOOOO.

How every single game against the Astros should go:

Bean.gif

At least they are playing but is it really baseball? 60 games (doubtful) season, screwed up schedules, dumb ass extra inning rules (this really is a crapfest rule)......

I mean I'm glad they are playing, really, but it's just going to be the "super asterisk season".

Sorry, don't mean to be Debby Downer, let's play ball! (or something similar). :cool

It'll be a really interesting season as ALL teams are in the hunt and the teams that lose in the first few weeks can kiss their post season chances goodbye.

At least they are playing but is it really baseball? 60 games (doubtful) season, screwed up schedules, dumb ass extra inning rules (this really is a crapfest rule)......

I mean I'm glad they are playing, really, but it's just going to be the "super asterisk season".

Sorry, don't mean to be Debby Downer, let's play ball! (or something similar). :cool

In the day to day, I think it will bring a small sliver of “normalcy” to a time when there has been absolutely none. So maybe it isn’t exactly what we’re used to...yeah, the extra inning rule is stupid and the 60-game season is an extreme asterisk. But when they are on the field, pitching, batting, it will be a little slice of heaven in an otherwise pretty shitty time.

Take THAT, Debby!

Watching now, the silence defintely sucks but its better than nothing.

This. That rule is probably one of the worst ideas brought to any of the 4 major US sports ever :vomit:
Let’s play two! :cool

Watching now, the silence defintely sucks but its better than nothing.
It really is.
I remember a few years back went there was riots in Baltimore and they played to an empty stadium. Kinda bizarre on some kinda level

:vomit: And we've got the DH in the NL!!!!! Yay!!! :vomit:

I'm a pureist at heart and would rather see the strategy of using the pitcher spot in the order. But considering that's been a 47 year experiment in one league, it's time they adopted it in the NL. The WS with it going back and forth during the series is kinda dumb and not a level playing field between the leagues.

Not applicable to this year obviously butI love interleague play when we get to see our pitchers hit, I imagine some national league team fans also enjoy getting to see a dh in their lineup instead of the hole where the pitcher usually is. I just wish that they would flip it, instead of when the Mariners play in a NL park and our pitchers bat I wish we could have the pitcher bat in our interleague games at home. Give the home fans something different to look at. I like watching our pitcher get on base on TV, but how cool would it be to see the Giants at Safeco AND our pitchers batting.

I am excited that the baseball is finally here! I will miss not going a game in person this year. I like that Dodger Stadium has crowd noise and the organ playing which is better than watching the game without noise in the background. The cardboard cutouts of fans is better than seeing empty seats behind home plate.

Go Dodgers!

Last edited:
This is the latest on a calendar that the Tigers have been so close to first place in a while...

And fitting that the first game is rain-shortened.

Last edited:
Not a baseball fan, but wondering if this shortened season will allow for the missed games to be made up? Seems like baseball is one more team outbreak from having to shut down completely.

I think in about 5 to 7 days - the biggest kick in my balls is about to happen. THE END of the 2020 season. :(

FCOVID

damn....the Mets are desperate right now...

1596348950385.png

I think I could play the xylophone on dem ribs too. LOL, love the retro pic.....gonna miss baseball if we can't playball for another year (or two) :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom