Play a hand with the Reverend Doctor Chicken Rob (1 Viewer)

Chicken Rob

Full House
Reaction score
I originally posted this in the DCS4 thread at the blue site, but wanted to bring it here for updates:

OK, I can let the cat out of the bag. I have been secretly on the fence about this trip, as I have bankroll problems.

9/30/14:
Preflop:

My personal consulting business had a bid out for a big (for us) contract out there, and we thought we were 75% to win the contract. We were partnering with the incumbent, and had inside rumor to support this assumption.

Flop: Casual conversation between the incumbent and the company led us to believe we flopped our set. We we're 90% to win this.

Turn: Worst card in the deck: We learned late last week there was serious consideration for a lower bidder, and thought our chances were down to about 50/50. They were around half our bid, and we were thinking the dream was really going to vanish on us. This would be the 4th one of these in 18 months to follow such strong starts only to lose to runner-runner.

River: Hand holds up. Dodged 23 outs. Won the contract. Bankroll problems are gone! I'm going to DCS4 baby!

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -
10/10/14
OK, so it would appear there is no more to say, however the hand is not over. The floor has been called, and the deck is getting inspected and counted down.

The villain is challenging the award. The contract is suspended until the appeal process is exhausted. We have no idea how long this will take, but we feel good the hand was played according to the rules, and the ruling on the table will stand, and we will keep the pot.

FML.

We think we are 99%+ to hold on to this, but are feeling vulnerable. The company where my day job is located may be looking at layoffs, and if the villain in this hand rattles the cages of the execs at my company, I could be a victim of the layoff, and lose the contract bid, and go from the penthouse to the outhouse in the next month.

Freaking out just a little here, as there is no moonlighting/consulting policy where I work, and the contract is non-compete in nature, but still, the villain knows who I am personally in this hand. Can't wait for resolution.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -
11/4/14
OK, the floor came back with the deck count today. The count was good, the cards unmarked, the original hand plays. We are back in business. Best part: we still bill for October, so no lost revenue!

For a minute I thought this was going to derail my going to DCS4, but we re-start work with the client next thurs, so I'm all good to fly tomorrow. Glad I didn't use my "one time" on this, and just waited it out.

Awesome Rob, glad to hear it's good news in the end. I was thinking about the pinball machines you were going to be paying a tidy sum to restore and figured this would derail that plan for ya :(

Thanks guys. Work start in earnest thursday, and I'm psyched to be doing it. And when it rains it pours, Picked up another small contract this week! Literally 1/500 the size, but still, my cut is $2k for <1 days work. (I'm not personally getting a full 500 times that much out of the other contract. :-( )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom