Plano 4 Pistol All weather case for 500 or 1000 chips (1 Viewer)

Oscargambles

Two Pair
Reaction score
I had a pistol case I bought last year just sitting around that I found today. I took the pick and pluck foam out of it and placed 5 racks inside of the foam and it seemed to fit perfectly. When I shut the lid however and carried it some of the chips fell out of the racks so I decided to stack 1000 chips two racks deep and it is perfect. It didn’t require anything other than taking the foam out of the center area. Going two racks deep made it a nice snug fit when the lid was closed. I gotta say it worked out great.
C65459A1-9078-46CD-94F7-0A552A6ACA27.jpeg
50195921-9079-479E-B1EA-B5D8705948C9.jpeg
2BE97FD0-0CDB-4D67-9B96-3B0A2BA0F9E3.jpeg
470E9F87-60A2-427A-8325-A1A07976B099.jpeg
B1FEADF8-6FD3-4965-A9B5-7FA26F9AD9C6.jpeg
9AE4FAA7-CDF3-450D-AB81-3B3E07B95D4A.jpeg
BC8E751D-0D17-43F0-91AB-19848F741A71.jpeg
3115832B-6990-4961-8FD9-BE4371EC6EF7.jpeg

Last edited:
Is there enough room to stack an empty rack, upside down on the top rack, to hold the chips in place?? Or is it snug enough without needing the extra rack??

Much lighter than a Pelican case and still extremely rigid and sturdy feeling. I just put it on the scale and with 1000 chips in it it weighs 28 lbs exactly

Pushed the racks over slightly and have room for cards and dice
C364DD63-8D12-4D1A-B1EB-8E3D457DD46E.jpeg

Attachments

• 8DF85EC3-4C78-4874-8883-05ECF56BF3AE.jpeg
    8DF85EC3-4C78-4874-8883-05ECF56BF3AE.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 68
I had a pistol case I bought last year just sitting around that I found today. I took the pick and pluck foam out of it and placed 5 racks inside of the foam and it seemed to fit perfectly. When I shut the lid however and carried it some of the chips fell out of the racks so I decided to stack 1000 chips two racks deep and it is perfect. It didn’t require anything other than taking the foam out of the center area. Going two racks deep made it a nice snug fit when the lid was closed. I gotta say it worked out great.
View attachment 1113209View attachment 1113210View attachment 1113211View attachment 1113212View attachment 1113213View attachment 1113214View attachment 1113215View attachment 1113216

So where did you put your 4 pistols? Maybe 800 chips +1 depending where your playing?

Update: I replaced the racks with “Justin” racks a while back. It fits 2 rows of 500 or 1000 chips perfectly with room on the side for cards, dealer buttons etc. It did not require anything other than taking the pick and pack foam out and the border is perfect. When the lid is shut there is absolutely no movement. Looks clean and fits great. I highly recommend this case for this.

IMG_4947.jpeg

IMG_4946.jpeg
IMG_4938.jpeg
IMG_4944.jpeg
IMG_4940.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4949.jpeg
    IMG_4949.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 24
I have been into the shooting sports all my life and worked in the shooting industry for 7 years. I have always been surprised I had never seen anyone do this before. Nice.

I wonder how this would fare with leaded chips.
My PCA set averages like 50lbs or something silly in an apache case
Pretty terrible carrying it through the airport

I wonder how this would fare with leaded chips.
My PCA set averages like 50lbs or something silly in an apache case
The case itself weighs just over 5lbs. I know my Pelican cases are way heavier and I assume the Apaches are too.

Good call going with the covered racks. I never liked the idea of the additional weight/presuure I was putting on the chips themselves with the “snug“ fit when lid is closed in those cases.
IMO the absolute best 1000 chip transport case is the Jack’s Viper. Shoulder strap makes a huge difference. Shipping is pricey but you forget about it pretty quick once you start using it. I have to lug chips to every league game if I want to play with good ones and this carrier is a lifesaver. Prices are in AUS so convert to USD to see actual costs.

https://www.jackspoker.com.au/the-viper-1000-chip-poker-case-no-chips

Good call going with the covered racks. I never liked the idea of the additional weight/presuure I was putting on the chips themselves with the “snug“ fit when lid is closed in those cases.

IMO the absolute best 1000 chip transport case is the Jack’s Viper. Shoulder strap makes a huge difference. Shipping is pricey but you forget about it pretty quick once you start using it. I have to lug chips to every league game if I want to play with good ones and this carrier is a lifesaver. Prices are in AUS so convert to USD to see actual costs.

The Justin racks have been great. I hated stacking chips on top of each other in traditional racks. I would always cringe knowing I could damage them. They fit in the Plano case very well and are easy to remove. Much tidier too.

That Jack’s Viper case looks pretty sweet and is probably worth it if you are going to travel with your chips sets. My case is mainly used to house them at home and offer a little bit of protection while doing so. I may end up checking one out one of these days. It would be cool if they ended up on Amazon in the US.

I’ve also looked at the Versa style cases but like the old cases that your typical “dice” style chips came in, I am scared of the lid falling on the edges of the chips. Also I think the interior may require some modifications.

Thanks for the link!
Not sure how I feel about the idea of no racks though, but I think that may be worth forsaking for the aspect of carrying.

I also am not a big fan of the racks pressing the tops of the chips.

Damn, that's such a good idea. My flimsy ass metal case is garbage. Thanks for sharing. Gotta use my Academy gift card tomorrow!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom