Planning to buy a custom CPC set - The Brawl (1 Viewer)

jackieinusa

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a black Labrador and a British shorthair cat. So I came up with this idea to get them on to my first custom chips. What do you guys think?

Thank you.

Jackie

Attachments

• w1.JPG
    w1.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 165
  • w5.JPG
    w5.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 161
  • w25.JPG
    w25.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 155
  • w100.JPG
    w100.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 126
Nice idea.
$1 and $5 are fine.
$25 try probably Blurple edge instead of Dark Blue - or use Dark Green if you want something really dark. You could have a different yellow also (DG I 'd say) , not to repeat the Canary.
The black $100 definitely needs lighter edge spots: I would use Light Blue and Pink (or Retro Lavender at the darkest). Or DG Arc Yellow.
A ND chip might also be useful, as frac or anything.

Nice idea.
$1 and $5 are fine.
$25 try probably Blurple edge instead of Dark Blue - or use Dark Green if you want something really dark. You could have a different yellow also (DG I 'd say) , not to repeat the Canary.
The black $100 definitely needs lighter edge spots: I would use Light Blue and Pink (or Retro Lavender at the darkest). Or DG Arc Yellow.
A ND chip might also be useful, as frac or anything.
Good idea! Since I have weighted color chips, am I still able to use those unweighted colors as edge spot color? Does it affect anything? (I thought if I choose weighted color, I have to stick with those colors...)

What's ND chip or frac?

Thank you!

You can have any combination of weighted and unweighted colors, and even use the latter as base colors, at a premium.
ND is Non-Denominated, so you can assign to it any value that fits your game each time.
Frac is for fractional (below $1) values, be it .50, .25 or even .20 (the latter, I guess not in the USA):)
Edit: Don't even attempt to arrive to any conclusion about color combos before having a CPC color sample set in your hands!

I believe you can mix unweighted and weighted no problem - using unweighted spots will have negligible impact on the total chip weight.

Personally I would do a $20 in a cash set instead of a $25. For the same reason as you do a quarter instead of 20c. Also keeps the multiple in a consistent pattern.

.25 x 4 = 1
1 x 5 = 5
5 x 4 = 20
20 x 5 = 100

instead of
.25 x 4 = 1
1 x 5 = 5
5 x 5 = 25
25 x 4 = 100

Of course, if you ever plan on using these chips as part of a tournament set (not recommended but budget friendly) then $25 is better.

You can have any combination of weighted and unweighted colors, and even use the latter as base colors, at a premium.
ND is Non-Denominated, so you can assign to it any value that fits your game each time.
Frac is for fractional (below $1) values, be it .50, .25 or even .20 (the latter, I guess not in the USA):)
Edit: Don't even attempt to arrive to any conclusion about color combos before having a CPC color sample set in your hands!
Thanks for the info! For the colors, if I have one chip with both base and edge using weighted color, and another chip using weighted color base and unweighted color edge, does that mean the second chip is lighter in weight???

I believe you can mix unweighted and weighted no problem - using unweighted spots will have negligible impact on the total chip weight.

Personally I would do a $20 in a cash set instead of a $25. For the same reason as you do a quarter instead of 20c. Also keeps the multiple in a consistent pattern.

.25 x 4 = 1
1 x 5 = 5
5 x 4 = 20
20 x 5 = 100

instead of
.25 x 4 = 1
1 x 5 = 5
5 x 5 = 25
25 x 4 = 100

Of course, if you ever plan on using these chips as part of a tournament set (not recommended but budget friendly) then $25 is better.
Got it. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info! For the colors, if I have one chip with both base and edge using weighted color, and another chip using weighted color base and unweighted color edge, does that mean the second chip is lighter in weight???
Negligible difference, if any at all.

By the way, I 'm in the 20 camp too, especially for cash. It's not right or wrong, but a matter of preference. Vastly experienced and knowledgeable members here would vote for 25 though (this issue has been talked to death - search).

If you 're going to play tourneys too, the forum's doctrine is to get a different set, for game security, unless you 're sure you 'll only ever play single-table, with childhood friends and family. In the latter case, you breakdown would have to be a little bit more top-heavy.

If you 're bound for a second set for tourneys, and want to stick with top clay chips, you can spend less by getting a CPC off-the-shelf set (Rounders, Atlantic Club, American Eagle) or a Key West set, also made by CPC but offered by a name-sake vendor, at an excellent price.

Negligible difference, if any at all.

By the way, I 'm in the 20 camp too, especially for cash. It's not right or wrong, but a matter of preference. Vastly experienced and knowledgeable members here would vote for 25 though (this issue has been talked to death - search).

If you 're going to play tourneys too, the forum's doctrine is to get a different set, for game security, unless you 're sure you 'll only ever play single-table, with childhood friends and family. In the latter case, you breakdown would have to be a little bit more top-heavy.

If you 're bound for a second set for tourneys, and want to stick with top clay chips, you can spend less by getting a CPC off-the-shelf set (Rounders, Atlantic Club, American Eagle) or a Key West set, also made by CPC but offered by a name-sake vendor, at an excellent price.
I'm only planning to play with family(most often) and a couple of close friends(occasionally). We play for like 2 hours after dinner on not-very-busy days.

Example: 3 people playing
Initial stack: Each person have $1x10, $5x18, $25x4, total buy-in chip value is $200, and it worth 2USD. Does it make sense?

For this custom set, I plan to buy $1x75, $5x150, $25x50, and $100x25. (300 chips in total) Feels wrong for the games I play..

Thank you.

If you 're already having denominations representing cents, not even dimes, apparently there is no need for a frac:)
I don't know how practical the cash-out is in this type of game, so you might want to make it a 2USD buy-in T400/500 tourney anyway.
Minimum quantities per player in that case would be 10X $1, 10X $5 (8 in starting stack and 2 for removing $1s), 12X $25 (10 in starting stack and 2 for removing $5s) and one or two $100s (one for T400, two for T500 starting stack) plus 4 or 5 $100s per player for a full rebuy / add-on.

Remember that you have to get at least 400 chips total, in order to make 4 different (types of) custom chips, with CPC.

I need to pause for a moment to say that committing to over a $1000 investment for custom chips for a $2 buyin game is so awesome I can't even explain it. Good for you. Get what you like.

The weight difference between weighted and unweighted colors is not drastic. I would recommend getting some samples from CPC before you pull the trigger. There's really no substitute for seeing the colors in person. $48 for a full color sample set is kind of a lot, but with those shaped inlays you've lined up some pretty expensive designs anyway. Samples of some of CPC's stock designs could also give you some sense of a few of the colors. For example, you can get a $16 Atlantic Club sample set, which like your design has a Mandarin Red $5 (and canary spots), a green $25, and black $100. The $12 Atlantic Club Hot Stamps set has some of your colors and some of the Dayglo colors (Mandarin Red, Black, DG Peacock, DG Green, DG Yellow, DG Tiger, and Retro Lavender), although you don't get to see any edge spots in that set.

I need to pause for a moment to say that committing to over a $1000 investment for custom chips for a $2 buyin game is so awesome I can't even explain it. Good for you. Get what you like.

The weight difference between weighted and unweighted colors is not drastic. I would recommend getting some samples from CPC before you pull the trigger. There's really no substitute for seeing the colors in person. $48 for a full color sample set is kind of a lot, but with those shaped inlays you've lined up some pretty expensive designs anyway. Samples of some of CPC's stock designs could also give you some sense of a few of the colors. For example, you can get a $16 Atlantic Club sample set, which like your design has a Mandarin Red $5 (and canary spots), a green $25, and black $100. The $12 Atlantic Club Hot Stamps set has some of your colors and some of the Dayglo colors (Mandarin Red, Black, DG Peacock, DG Green, DG Yellow, DG Tiger, and Retro Lavender), although you don't get to see any edge spots in that set.
Yeah I got the HS sample and AC horsehead sample. They feel very nice.

If you 're already having denominations representing cents, not even dimes, apparently there is no need for a frac:)
I don't know how practical the cash-out is in this type of game, so you might want to make it a 2USD buy-in T400/500 tourney anyway.
Minimum quantities per player in that case would be 10X $1, 10X $5 (8 in starting stack and 2 for removing $1s), 12X $25 (10 in starting stack and 2 for removing $5s) and one or two $100s (one for T400, two for T500 starting stack) plus 4 or 5 $100s per player for a full rebuy / add-on.

Remember that you have to get at least 400 chips total, in order to make 4 different (types of) custom chips, with CPC.
Ah I forgot the ordering requirement for 4 different chips. Thanks for the reminder. By T400, do you mean I buy total 400 chips?

T400 means a tourney with a starting stack of 400 play dollars per player, which can cost to buy from nothing (free roll) to $400 indeed.
In tournaments, stakes go up at preset periods of time and players are eliminated as the game gets more and more expensive (in T money at least). The last remaining player, to have gathered all the chips in play, is the winner. The prize can range from millions of $ in World Series to a glass of wine in family games.
Here is a small social single table tourney structure:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/structure-help-for-small-social-stt.27849/

T400 means a tourney with a starting stack of 400 play dollars per player, which can cost to buy from nothing (free roll) to $400 indeed.
In tournaments, stakes go up at preset periods of time and players are eliminated as the game gets more and more expensive (in T money at least). The last remaining player, to have gathered all the chips in play, is the winner. The prize can range from millions of $ in World Series to a glass of wine in family games.
Here is a small social single table tourney structure:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/structure-help-for-small-social-stt.27849/
Got it. This seems a little complex, but I'll definitely keep it in case we want to try different plays.

Since I mostly play with family and close friends, we wouldn't want to eliminate anyone and let them just sit there. We normally plays 1.5-2.5 hours and count the win/loss at the end. Do you think a cash game would fit better?

The thing with our game is that, even for small cash game, we don't want to play the face value of the chip because it'd be too much(like if we rely on what's shown on the chips, even if I use five cent or 25 cents, the initial deck would be more than 2 USD).

So I'm trying to figure out a good starting deck to represent 1 or 2 USD(since we don't want to preset time period and just keep the blinds values, I want to do 1 USD for 50 big blinds and 2 USD for 100 big blinds), and when one person lose all starting stack chips, he/she can re-buy the same amount of chips for a small amount of real money.

You can allow a limited/fixed amount of rebuys at extra charge in tournaments too, but If nano-cash already works for you (which, I guess, means that you have jars full of nickels and 1c coins if still in circulation in the USA) there is no reason to change that.

Thanks for the advice! We use Venmo to pay each other at the end of the game, so we can just enter the amount like $1.23, without touching actual coins or dollar bills.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom