Planning On Some Hardscaping Work At My Home (1 Viewer)

Next project I want to put some river rock borders against the house, then potted flowers on top of the concrete blocks in the background of my pics within the bed of river rock to add a splash of color.

Gotta measure the area and figure out how much river rock I'll need, plus how much metal edging to keep it from spilling onto the grass. Most likely going to put in Pentas since they have nice colors and are pretty hardy and low-maintenance.

@Anthony Martino if you're going plants in the beds around the house, it may be worth considering mulch beds. I put in 12 yards of rock at my old pad and couldn't keep plants alive (Illinois). Only extreme drought hardy plants could stand summer heat. I went mulch beds with naturally edged lines at my current pad and have been extremely happy with the results. Threw mulch tree rings and house edging in and plants grew in nicely the first year.

IMG_20180501_081854.jpgPANO_20180501_081806.jpgPANO_20170412_081113.jpg

@Anthony Martino if you're going plants in the beds around the house, it may be worth considering mulch beds. I put in 12 yards of rock at my old pad and couldn't keep plants alive (Illinois). Only extreme drought hardy plants could stand summer heat. I went mulch beds with naturally edged lines at my current pad and have been extremely happy with the results. Threw mulch tree rings and house edging in and plants grew in nicely the first year.

View attachment 270759View attachment 270760View attachment 270758

I will be going all rock along the house, no plants in the beds. Plants will be in containers on top of some concrete blocks I had at the house, so lifted above the rock bed, since rocks just heat up the soil and don't provide nutrients

@Anthony Martino makes sense.. I like the clean, low maintenance look of rock. Just was a novice in my day when planting in them :). Good luck with your rock work. Shovel and a wheelbarrow and some sore mornings are ahead :)

Phase 2 of my landscaping. Adding a bordered river rock layout next to the house

This is the smaller side on the left. The bigger side on the right is going to take awhile. A ton more digging and materials needed

20190421_071912.jpg

20190421_071855.jpg

I've become a frustrated gardener and landscaper. I just work too damn much to keep up with everything. Haven't been able to get the remainder of the front dug out so I could put in more river rock, and frankly the yard and house is looking like shit lately.

Decided I want to come home and smile when I see my home, what's the point in working all these hours otherwise? So I've got a company coming today to pressure wash the house and then paint it tomorrow (going from pale green with dark green shutters to medium blue with white trim)

Then at the end of the week a landscaper is going to put in a paver entrance and walkway, plus pavers down for my trash bins and sheds, plus landscaping beds with river rock in the front and side of the house.

Also looking into replacement entrance stairs as well. I'll do up some before and after photos once it's all complete :)

The rain has been relentless here in Tampa, but the painters found a break and were able to get it done

Such a huge transformation. Landscapers coming tmrw, hoping to have everything wrapped up before end of week

Here's the painting before and after

20190812_073212.jpg

20190819_163504.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom