Planning on Aria's as my Tourney Set, What is a good and similarly priced set for Cash? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm going to pull together a Aria's Tourney set (I'm in the 43mm Aria GB)
and I'm not in any rush, but...
What's something similarly priced that would be a good Cash set? There's no way I'm spending $1k and up.
Something in the same .30-.50/chip cost. I think I would need a 700 chip set (.25 and up, workhorse 1.00 and 5.00 so I can cover .25/.50 and 1/2).
Regardless of chip count, I'm wondering about cost and design...what sets to look for?
I see the Aces design is out there...anything else?

I know I'm too late, and they appear to be a bit pricey, but the ZEN set is so far my favorite set I've seen...
If/when they show up in the Classifieds in the Fall, I'll think about it...until then...planning time.

Aria's? :LOL: :laugh:

12c2eff1-2207-41a1-b5f0-be6a2abbf74c-jpeg.857972

That would be easy of course, but I don't want to have 2 Aria's sets and get confused or mixed up.
2 distinct looking sets sounds better than 2 sets that look similar.
Or...am I wrong? Are they very distinct based on the outer edge/coloring etc?

That would be easy of course, but I don't want to have 2 Aria's sets and get confused or mixed up.
2 distinct looking sets sounds better than 2 sets that look similar.
Or...am I wrong? Are they very distinct based on the outer edge/coloring etc?

The $100 is the only overlap you really have to worry about. Another option is the Taj Mahal on the same cards mold. I think this set is one of the best for a cash option.

chips-jpg.830430

The $100 is the only overlap you really have to worry about. Another option is the Taj Mahal on the same cards mold. I think this set is one of the best for a cash option.

chips-jpg.830430
Wow. That brings memories of the huge Taj poker room, playing 1/2 and people eating burgers and Chinese food at the tables (GROSS!).
Any idea where I can order these?

Wow. That brings memories of the huge Taj poker room, playing 1/2 and people eating burgers and Chinese food at the tables (GROSS!).

There were a few sets made I think. You could post a wanted ad in classifieds or reach out to @Eloe2000 to get permission to use the art and hop onto a cards mold buy.

The difference between the 43mm tourney chips and the 39mm cash chips will be more than enough to tell the two sets apart.
I am planning to do T1000 and up as 43mm and T500 and down as 39mm.
But...that is a good idea to keep them distinctively separate.

Yep. I learned poker there back in the late 90s eating those greasy cheeseburgers from that little secret dive spot behind the cage.

I did the replica artwork for cards mold. People can use the artwork (with a $20 donation to MakeAWish Foundation) to order cards mold chips from the Chinese supplier. There have been a couple sets made but I think they have all changed hands a couple times. A Wanted Ad would help.

Yep. I learned poker there back in the late 90s eating those greasy cheeseburgers from that little secret dive spot behind the cage.

I did the replica artwork for cards mold. People can use the artwork (with a $20 donation to MakeAWish Foundation) to order cards mold chips from the Chinese supplier. There have been a couple sets made but I think they have all changed hands a couple times. A Wanted Ad would help.
Because I don't know how this stuff works yet...

With the donation, I can then use the artwork months from now when I'm actually ready to order (or years to add-on)?
Or I use it once and then it reverts back to you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom