Pit Bull Tournament Set (3 Viewers)

jja412

Full House
Reaction score
Bought some chips from an @links_slayer charity auction to transform into a tournament set. Before picture:
img_3538-jpg.133531

Ended up purchasing some grey chips for the 10k chips instead of the white/brown. Design work by @p5woody . Labels by @Gear. Can't say enough about both Steve and Chris. They were more than helpful every step of the way, and I'm blown away by the end result.

full

Congrats on the relabel. These turned out really nicely.

Usually I hate 312s, but seeing these makes me want my own set now. Love the colour matching to the base colour and edgespots on the label. Great job by @Gear, as usual.

Congrats on the relabel. These turned out really nicely.

Usually I hate 312s, but seeing these makes me want my own set now. Love the colour matching to the base colour and edgespots on the label. Great job by @Gear, as usual.
And @p5woody!

Thanks for the compliments!

Guess I need to design a Dealer button and a bounty chip, too...

Holy Cow!!! What an improvement. They look great.

Last edited:
Way to revive somewhat questionable chips into real beauties!

W̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶p̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶T̶1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶i̶g̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶?̶ ̶ Re-read the OP.

What did you do with those white/brown chips?

Congrats on the new look! I like how each silo of pup is different. Fun project and prob more fun to play with. Good job by all!

Way to revive somewhat questionable chips into real beauties!

W̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶p̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶T̶1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶i̶g̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶?̶ ̶ Re-read the OP.

What did you do with those white/brown chips?

Going to use them for (yet-to-be-designed) bounty chips!

Love the non-conventional T2K and T10K chips. Though now I'm curious about the inspiration behind the original inlay artwork.

@BGinGA gave me the idea for the breakdown, as well as a blinds schedule. So all props to him for that.

As far as the original inlays, I don't have a clue as to what they were about.

Inspiration for the set, my two little girls:

What a great set!
I commented on how much I liked them when I saw them being made.
So great to see them on their intended chips.
Well Done!

Just curious. Did you have to mill out the old labels or was there room to place Gear's labels on top?
Nice work from start to finish!(y) :thumbsup:

If I may... there's basically never room to apply labels on top of existing inlays on ASM/CPC chips. There's just not enough depth available in the inlay recess.

That said, ASM/CPC inlays are among the easiest to remove, so my recommendation is always to replace them with laminated labels.

If I may... there's basically never room to apply labels on top of existing inlays on ASM/CPC chips. There's just not enough depth available in the inlay recess.

That said, ASM/CPC inlays are among the easiest to remove, so my recommendation is always to replace them with laminated labels.

Hi Chris,

So I take it you milled and labeled these? or did I read somewhere that someone on the forum popped out the inlays on their chips? When you say easiest to remove.

Thanks,
John

Hi Chris,

So I take it you milled and labeled these? or did I read somewhere that someone on the forum popped out the inlays on their chips? When you say easiest to remove.

I removed the inlays from these. While Paulson chips can be a real pain sometimes, removing the inlay from an ASM / CPC chips is a piece of cake. Take a standard hobby knife or exacto knife, stab through the laminate of the inlay around the center, and pry up. They pretty much always pop out intact, leaving a perfect recess behind to put in the laminated labels. If you look at the last picture of post #2, you'll see a grey chip with the inlay removed before labeling. It took maybe 2 hours of work to remove around 600 inlays (while simultaneously binge-watching some Netflix.)

Last edited:
Great to know how to do. Your chips were worth the effort! (y) :thumbsup: turned out great!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom