Pink RHC options? (1 Viewer)

Squakmix

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I've been thinking that I could use a 5c frac for my set for very casual/low stakes games, and I'm brainstorming options for solid pink RHC chips. I love the Jack Cincinnati tournament white label T500 chips, but those seem rare to find for sale on their own, and if a rack of them did pop up for sale, they'd probably be out of my budget (which is up to $200). Are there any other readily available pink RHCs that might be acquired more easily/cheaply?

I think you'll have a hard time finding pink paulsons in decent condition for $200 per rack. Unique colors (anything that isn't white, red, green, black, or blue) almost always sell for a premium.

Not 100% true. There are shades of pink that are less expensive, Cherokee T5’s are watermelon and should be easy to find for ~$125, maybe even less.

See if you can drum up a rack of the fuchsia Copa T5’s. They would work great as nickels.
1625767129576.jpeg

Not 100% true. There are shades of pink that are less expensive, Cherokee T5’s are watermelon and should be easy to find for ~$125, maybe even less.
I always thought watermelon was a shade of red. Is it pink? I wouldn’t put watermelons on a table where I was using red fives. But then, that’s the same reason I avoid pink fracs, I guess. To me red fives call for yellow or blue fracs. Or purple. All the expensive colors, ha.
Anyway, @Squakmix what are the colors and conditions of your other chips? That might help with useful suggestions.

I always thought watermelon was a shade of red. Is it pink? I wouldn’t put watermelons on a table where I was using red fives. But then, that’s the same reason I avoid pink fracs, I guess. To me red fives call for yellow or blue fracs. Or purple. All the expensive colors, ha.
Anyway, @Squakmix what are the colors and conditions of your other chips? That might help with useful suggestions.
If you’re playing 5¢/10¢, there shouldn’t be many 5’s on the table. And as long they’re spotted, I don’t see it being an issue. I’d prefer yellow nickel, blue quarter, but any shade of pink would work, too.

Valid point, generally agree with you. The watermelon is right between a red and pink IMO. Could pass as either really like dark pink or light red.

Maybe not ideal, but you should look at T5s from tournament sets, which you could use as fracs.

Harrah’s Cherokee T5 (watermelon)
Jack Detroit T5 (radiant red)

The above come to mind as recent examples. Relabeling would open up more possibilities, too.

Good point, I want to avoid pinks that are too close to the red of secondary HSI $5s. I am using mint HSI chips for 1s (1a), 5s (secondary), and 25s (secondary), and I've got a rack of good condition used Seven Mile 1s for 25c fracs (darkish blue with light pink spots). I was thinking a light pink solid would fit nicely in that scheme for a simple lower denomination frac. I am open to compromising on the mold if that would make finding chips in my price range more doable, and lightly used chips should be fine. I'm tempted to track down some roulette chips (like these Isle of Capri KC chips https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/roulette-by-the-rack-sale.67726/) and having them milled. Thanks for your help everyone

Edit: added recent pictures of my current set. Still waiting on gear labels to relabel the Seven Mile 1s

Attachments

• PXL_20210707_000814126.jpg
    PXL_20210707_000814126.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 72
  • PXL_20210707_000823569.jpg
    PXL_20210707_000823569.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Any other good color options for 5c fracs that I should consider for this set? I thought about using a solid yellow chip but the only yellow in my set is in the $500 chip, and those are pretty unlikely to be used in my games (unless I turn the 500s into 25c chips, which is pretty tempting...). I could also try to track down a solid in the bright orange color of the $5 spots. I'm just looking for something cohesive/harmonious

Edit: the more I consider this, the more I am drawn to bright yellow solids for 5c, and secondary 500s for 25c (which would probably end up being the workhorse of the set). Being into this hobby means I'll never have money again, doesn't it?

Edit2: attached mockups of both options. I'm partial to yellow solids and HSI secondary 500s for my fracs now, although it'll certainly cost a lot more...
hsi-fracs-pink-no100.png

hsi-fracs-yellow-no100.png

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom