Pinball or Golden Tee? (1 Viewer)

Which New Game Room Toy?

• Pinball

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • Golden Tee

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters
So many great titles from the 90's @TKEUofM I see some chip for pinball trade opportunities here...

Looking for something that will be low maintenance and pretty close to new. I don’t want to worry about putting money into it or doing a lot of work. First prices I saw were all around $4-$8k depending on model and New/Used.

Just starting to explore the space though so I’ve got a lot to research and learn. Would love any insider info on where to find good ones at lower prices if anyone has the scoop.

Given your constraints, I’d recommend a stern from 2005-2015 or so. All machines will need some maintenance but those, in my experience, are fairly minimal.

You will likely take a loss when swapping out any new in box machine. Kinda like driving a new car off the lot. And most home use only machines are going to be as nice as a new in box game. You can probably buy a nice used stern and swap it for around what you paid later, barring any crazy changes to the market.

He responds "Yes! Except for all the old video games." o_O

The younger kids love the stuff hanging all over the room (and yes those walls make Applebee's look boring). Pretty much everything is old arcade marquees, giveaway posters, old Activision Atari 2600 patches, old playfields and backglasses, and a bunch of original hand painted video game animation cells (Saturday Supercade, Super Mario Bros Super Show, Caddy and Dinosaurs, Double Dragon, Pac Man Show, Dragons Lair, etc). Little kids lose interest in the pins but like the console game systems. Teens and adults love the actual arcade games

The younger kids love the stuff hanging all over the room (and yes those walls make Applebee's look boring). Pretty much everything is old arcade marquees, giveaway posters, old Activision Atari 2600 patches, old playfields and backglasses, and a bunch of original hand painted video game animation cells (Saturday Supercade, Super Mario Bros Super Show, Caddy and Dinosaurs, Double Dragon, Pac Man Show, Dragons Lair, etc). Little kids lose interest in the pins but like the console game systems. Teens and adults love the actual arcade games
Yeah, seems that in the third grade circles if you can't play it on the Nintendo Switch, it isn't worth playing... :(

1610146185534-png.610602

tenor.gif

That is beautiful Max. I just have an Elvira and the Party Monsters... love it. Pinball all the way.
View attachment 610595

I played Elvira to death (pun intended LOL) freshman year of college. Each dorm had a game room with pins and vids and mine had this and Black Knight 2000. The only time I owned Elvira was this version:

1610154699825.png

Given your constraints, I’d recommend a stern from 2005-2015 or so. All machines will need some maintenance but those, in my experience, are fairly minimal.

You will likely take a loss when swapping out any new in box machine. Kinda like driving a new car off the lot. And most home use only machines are going to be as nice as a new in box game. You can probably buy a nice used stern and swap it for around what you paid later, barring any crazy changes to the market.
Good point! You'll go through phases. Stern is kind of like BCC/CPC Bally/ Williams is Paulson\TRK

Although Stern knocked it out of the park with Lord of The Rings. Could be the greatest of all time! Or is it Twilight Zone or Adams Family It's all up for debate!

Thanks for the tag @WedgeRock! I do have a few pinball machines as well as some classic 80's video games.

pins.jpg

video games.jpg

I have enjoyed having them, but I think I need to refresh my inventory. I'm getting board with these machines and I think I need to move them out....who's know for sure though....but I do know my poker buddies do like paying them when they come over!!

Thanks for the tag @WedgeRock! I do have a few pinball machines as well as some classic 80's video games.

View attachment 610902

View attachment 610903

I have enjoyed having them, but I think I need to refresh my inventory. I'm getting board with these machines and I think I need to move them out....who's know for sure though....but I do know my poker buddies do like paying them when they come over!!
Well I’m in Canton about 35 minutes away from you. You looking to sell anything? lol

I think it’s about how long you want people playing the non-poker game. Pinball is, generall, pretty fast; especially if you are me. Golden Tee is about an hour to play 18 holes (doesn’t matter if skins or strokes). Personally, I LOVE my GTGo that we bought a little over a month ago. It wssn't anywhere near $4k and we’ve had a blast.

Last edited:
Pinball

I have a demolition man in my poker room. I play sit and goes and its great when people are knocked out early.

but you have to love tinkering with them and be pretty handy with a soldering iron. There are allot of adjustments that you have to perform when things wear out.

But they are very robust once they are working well.

If you don't own SuperChexx, GTFO.

If you own SuperChexx, I vote pinball too.

@Boother36 might have some insight.

Chexx... Check.

afXErRV.jpg

HQdu0BV.jpg

I'd vote go BOTH Pinball and Golf! Although I don't have a golden tee, this game is pretty good too and at a much lower cost if you can find a machine. I got this one for $100 and had to do minor work to get it going again. The real benefit of this, there is a group of people that use a private server to run online tournaments.

Wish I could add more pinballs, but the price has gone insane on them. I'd love to get an old Terminator 2 someday. @MaxB your setup is unreal, so jealous.

My favorite of all these though is darts. Wife gave it to me on our anniversary several years back because we used to play on that same style machine while dating 20+ years ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom