• Pinball

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • Golden Tee

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters

TKEUofM

Flush
Reaction score
Looking to add another game to my Man Cave.

My dad had a pinball machine when I was growing up and I was also recently over a friends who just got one. Brought me back to the arcade days in High School. They are not cheap though, and believe it or not they have a forum for discussions and buy/sell/trade... go figure right?

I'm also a golfer and have always loved Golden Tee. You can get the full blown retail version from local game suppliers.

Each has a price tag of about $4k-$5k so I don't think I would be able to pull off getting both (at least not this year)....

Thoughts on which one would be better?

Like Golden Tee but love pinball. At some point Golden Tee would get old but a good pinball table has lots of re-playability IMO. Personally would only want older pre super digital tables (ie: old Gottlieb etc).

Yeah, would definitely want an older style, some of the newest ones are too digital. Found this cool Sopranos one that is local to me.

1610134861325.png

Or Dirty Harry.
1610134903199.png

Pinball all the way! The ball is Wild!

Careful it can be another rabbit hole! Once you get one you tend to want another. Kind of like chips people are drawn to different machines for theme, or looks, playability, deep rules etc. Best to play some games and see what you like.

For me I used to play Star Trek the Next Generation in collage. Had to have it when I had a shot. Since then I have had dozens come and go throughout the years.

Also, consider pinballs require maintenance. You'll need to learn how to maintain and fix the game, or find someone who can. It becomes a labor of love!

I have three EM Pinball machines from the 60s/70s. I love that they ‘never end’ and the old-school EM ones are easy to work on yourself (another hobby!). They’re far less expensive too...I have less than half the cost of a modern machine into it for all three! They’re a far different experience than the new ones...but that’s part of the charm!

Pinball. And that Sopranos machine looks perfect. Write the check now and worry about it later.

Pinball FTW. Best pinball of all time

Stop talkin' and start chalkin"

1610138796361.png

I used to play it all day on a quarter and make $ by selling my credits because I would hit the 10 credit limit and it wouldn't allow any more quarters.

Last edited:
you know if you get the full blown Golden tee version, you can update the software and get new courses and play other players over the internet

Each has a price tag of about $4k-$5k so I don't think I would be able to pull off getting both (at least not this year)....

So what exactly do you want for a pinball machine? Prices can be as low as $1k. I have Led Zepplin and Elvira House of Horrors on order from Stern but there are a ton of used games for way less.

So what exactly do you want for a pinball machine? Prices can be as low as $1k. I have Led Zepplin and Elvira House of Horrors on order from Stern but there are a ton of used games for way less.
Looking for something that will be low maintenance and pretty close to new. I don’t want to worry about putting money into it or doing a lot of work. First prices I saw were all around $4-$8k depending on model and New/Used.

Just starting to explore the space though so I’ve got a lot to research and learn. Would love any insider info on where to find good ones at lower prices if anyone has the scoop.

Pinball ....did someone say pinball? (F*ck Golden Tee!)
Disclaimer ...... Fire! is no longer in the collection. It was replaced by a 1991 Data East Robocop

View attachment 610495View attachment 610493View attachment 610496View attachment 610492View attachment 610497
View attachment 610498View attachment 610499View attachment 610500View attachment 610501View attachment 610502
Sweet baby Jesus!!!!! You might be the guy I need to talk to about finding one of these things.

So my 8yo walks in while I'm looking at MaxB's pics and says "I love that room!". I say "You want me to do something like that in our basement?. He responds "Yes! Except for all the old video games." o_O

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom