Pilots License (1 Viewer)

99%evil

Straight
Reaction score
I'm done with poker... for now. I'm looking for a new thing to blow money on. When I was in high school I worked at a flight school at the local airport... so weird how it used to be. At one time I had keys to the gates of the Manchester Airport runways. I had access to planes and could drive onto the runways of an "international airport". Things have changed a bit...

Anyways, I worked at the flight school renting planes on weekends, basically stood around for hours talking to flight school instructors and once every few hours someone would come in to rent a plane... I would leave early every day....yoour everyday joe wasn't knocking down the door to rent a Cessna 172. I wanted to get my license, but was too young and lacked follow through. Now I am getting older and am bored and need something to throw money at. Figured I'd get my private pilots license and look into an older plane possibly in the future.

Any advice?

I always wanted to do this.
I now think I’m too old! 47 and bad eye sight.

very excited for you. Good luck sir!

I wanted to get my license in highschool but I couldnt afford it. When I got older, I found out you have to have so many hours of flight every year just to maintain. When I ran the numbers I found out I could afford to get licensed, but couldnt afford to keep it. Good luck, enjoy. Got any diamond mold chips to sell?

My sister and two best friends are pilots. It's cool, but you inevitably end up dumping $90,000 on a 30 year old cessna or whatever, so be prepared to throw money at it, indeed

Get Flight Simulator 2020 instead.

Might be tough to find a video card that can actually run it though. But that could be an adventure by itself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom