Pics of My first poker set. Circa 1980s (1 Viewer)

SpaceMonkey420

Full House
Reaction score
Of course this was my fathers originally. I was about 12y/o when he gave it to me. He taught me to play stud at 5 years old. No videos games. Just lots of poker. He was from Chicago/standard procedure. When he first got this set I was not allowed to touch it. For many years I did see it, as his crew would tip me Chips to fetch them beers on poker night. He had an amazing table and these chips bring me back there in time. True nostalgia. It’s a trip! Hope u enjoy the blast from the past, these styles are all over eBay for pennies, but THESE get buried with me.
04FDBB80-71CD-4154-9C98-A8E94C1A34EF.jpeg
E4720C67-4325-4015-9B07-45352C2C0BAE.jpeg
70350979-1D97-43CF-B907-49241A2B61F4.jpeg

circa 1980s

Mermaids! The sentimental value of these is awesome!

Dragons too! I remember the day he gave me this set. I remember where I was standing. The weather. The clothes I was wearing. My sister recently located From San Diego to Nor Cal. She reminded me that I left them at her old “trailer” 15 years ago. She remembers I told her to never lose them. I don’t even remember leaving them with her. She has no idea the memories they hold. Brings me to back to 7th grade like it was yesterday. These were an awesome home set back in the day. My how far we have come. Today I have over 50k chips and always buying more.My father was a collector. He recently gifted me his entire collection over flowing my inventory. Good problem to have, no complaints but I did move some to friends to make room then bought more. Lol

PS heck yes I played them last week. Usually with the kids/cousins/nieces etx

they are on my kitchen table as we speak.

"Memory believes before knowing remembers." - William Faulkner.

Once was told by a very wise man that life is too damn short. To prove his point he said “I’m not old! See that rock? Look man that fuckiing rock outside is old. You and I won’t live long enough to see old!”

Tks for looking everyone. God bless!

All I have left
Got this and it was all down hill from there
3CEBC20F-7244-441B-89C6-68F11E01C95A.jpeg
Who has these I sold them a huge set

My BCC Speakeasy tourney set too from Jim
Loved those
Gorgeous colors and Bricks
Wish I could buy those back too
Actually tried this year but long gone :(

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom