Picked up a 3rd wall case from Michael's (2 Viewers)

Be sure to bevel the edges, or it will be hard to,get those yardsticks to slide together

Yeah, you have to be careful not to make it too tight. If you use yardsticks, some filler material in between the nailed pieces to make sure the gaps are slightly wider than the parts that need to slide into them is a good idea, too.

Yeah you're probably right. It is pretty easy to just rip a board down to make a cleat myself.

View attachment 10220

Set saw for beveled cut. Cut board/plywood strip lengthwise to create two identical beveled strips. Attach 1 piece to cabinet and 1 piece to wall and voila. One cut on one board.
Yup. Easy and cheap If you have a circular or table saw.

You may be able to get a place like home depot to do the cut for you at no charge.

Thanks guys. Ordered one. 20.00 shipped to the house. Not bad.

I've been meaning to pick one up for awhile and just keep forgetting.

thx guys just picked up 2. $35 to the door. hope the mail doesnt shatter the glass.

Hmmm, neither promo code is working for me. Is there a secret to it?

Do standard 2" dealer buttons fit in these cases?

Smaller dealer buttons do fit, just. Such as the pharaoh and dunes. (See the photo). Larger buttons won't.

As to shipping, I've had a bunch of these shipped and they arrive well packed.

image.jpeg

@Trihonda thats good news. it just might be the mail here in the northeast. but i have not had good luck with shipments comming in unscathed. crossing my fingers.

FYI for any Canadian chippers. Michael's in Canada has these for $40, but they have a coupon today for 50% off one item. Not a bad price considering how our dollar is doing.

FYI for any Canadian chippers. Michael's in Canada has these for $40, but they have a coupon today for 50% off one item. Not a bad price considering how our dollar is doing.

Get them, NOW

Apparently I wasn't reading well enough, today there is a 30% off coupon, then 50% off from the 28-31. I will be grabbing a couple of these at least.

Can't find these online at the Canadian website. Where do they keep them instore?

I couldn't find them online either. In the frame section they have a bunch of other shadow boxes for footballs and jerseys and such, should be stuck in with them somewhere.

And usually not far from the picture frames.

While picking one of these up today, I noticed that Michael's in Canada sells 24" of the metal cleat (similar to what @Trihonda showed earlier) for $25 or so. They had holes for screws every couple inches, so it should be pretty easy to cut them into 4x 6" lengths. Not a bad deal, especially with a 50% off coupon (though not as cheap as the homemade versions @72o and @atomiktoaster mentioned).

They didn't have any in either of the stores I went to, but I did learn that Michael's apparently price matches coupons (up to 50%) from the US from places like Joann's, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom