Piatnik Bridge Size Jumbo Index Update (3 Viewers)

I'm interested in 2-4 setups depending on price, provided that they don't have four indices instead of the usual two.

I have some setups of the poker size if you want to try them.

Thanks for the offer David. I just needed to see the design. Unless the price is amazing, I can't see myself getting more than a few setups. Handling the cards themselves won't change that.

So here is a brief overview of what I know.

• Piatnik is a company based in and manufactures in Austria
  • Company produces and Sells Playing Cards and Puzzles
  • majority of their business is Europe
  • Many of their skus were only available in Europe and were hard to get unless imported.
  • They now have a small presence in the US
  • US stock is limited to mostly paper cards and puzzles with only one SKU of Plastic cards which are the Bridge Size with International index
  • Some SKU's are only available to Europe and require a minimum purchase and 6 weeks lead time
  • Poker Size Plastic with Jumbo Index is not stocked in the US and requires the lead time
  • Bridge Size Jumbo cards were not big sellers in Europe so they were discontinued over a year ago. Some may still be available as New/Old Stock in stores in Europe

Now, this may not work out but there is a possibility to get these produced. I will not make any promises but it is worth a try. I know these will not be available anywhere else and I am down to my last setup of the Bridge size jumbo index! If I can get this to work I will get these down to a pretty good cost which could be as much as 40% off of retail price depending on import and freight costs.

I do have a limited number Poker Jumbo index and Bridge international index cards available if anyone wants to try them out.

Also those who expressed that they are not interested will be removed from the list in post #1

David O

While not at all what I was expecting, that definitely helps. I was imagining them coming in bricks somewhat similar to paper cards, but it sounds like that's not the case.
Ok I got home and checked. It appears that they come in a case of 18 inner cartons which contain 6 setups each for a total of 108 setups per case

Yep, I'd buy some. Minimum of 4, max of 10, depending on price.

I don't need any more cards.

I'd be up for 2 setups.

Actually, these will probably be a one and done offer, so I better make it 4 setups.

It appears that the people in in charge in Austria met and have said it would be cost prohibitive to produce a special run of the cards and this was at a minimum of 1000 setups. Oh well! But wait there's is more!!!!!

In the email that I received this morning they told me they found a quantity of bridge size jumbo index. The only thing is these are the single decks and they only have blue backs that were found. Right now I am trying to negotiate a good price since they only have one color available. If I can get them at a decent price and I am able to pass on the savings and get enough interest I will proceed.

David O

It appears that the people in in charge in Austria met and have said it would be cost prohibitive to produce a special run of the cards and this was at a minimum of 1000 setups. Oh well! But wait there's is more!!!!!

In the email that I received this morning they told me they found a quantity of bridge size jumbo index. The only thing is these are the single decks and they only have blue backs that were found. Right now I am trying to negotiate a good price since they only have one color available. If I can get them at a decent price and I am able to pass on the savings and get enough interest I will proceed.

David O

I'd be in for that for sure. Any is better than none. :)

David O
Two decks if it happens, please. (y) :thumbsup:

I'd be in for that for sure. Any is better than none. :)
Two decks if it happens, please. (y) :thumbsup:
I think I am going to go forward with this either way and hope that I can negotiate a great price. If I can get them for around $7.50 per deck I think we have a winner! Who knows hopefully there are some reds mixed in some where since they did not know they had the blue decks in the warehouse for the last 6 months!

David, I would like to try out the Poker size cards, just drop them by. Might be interested in a couple of set ups of the bridge jumbos.

First, I strongly prefer poker sized, so I'm out on this one, but please keep me on your lists. I occasionally get "other" stuff.

Second, just wanted to note that I see a lot of people talking about buying setups, but the offer is for blue single decks. If your game runs two decks at a time (as most do), you REALLY do not want two of the same color deck in play. Something to consider.

GL with the group buy; the Piatnik Poker Jumbo setups I bought last buy are a personal favorite of mine to play, and have been a big hit with the crew (even though some don't notice we're playing them until they see a Q or a 4.)

I am a definite maybe for a few decks. Depends on price and timing. We use two decks a week, so that's 50 setups a year. But waiting for my big order of desjgn/kickstarter cards and won't know how many exactly I can commit to until they arrive.

I am a definite maybe for a few decks. Depends on price and timing. We use two decks a week, so that's 50 setups a year. But waiting for my big order of desjgn/kickstarter cards and won't know how many exactly I can commit to until they arrive.

You know you can reuse plastic decks, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom