Photoshop Templates/Mochup? (1 Viewer)

BlackRoom

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Looking for a PSD file to use in Photoshop for a chip design I’m wanting to play around with. Well, give a shot at. I used Photoshop in the past & attempting to get back into the swing of things like I use to.

Or, just the overall size, inner circle (printing area?) pixel size for printing & so on. Then I can just build my own template based off all the measurements for each style of chip.

Thanks in advance!

Looking for a PSD file to use in Photoshop for a chip design I’m wanting to play around with. Well, give a shot at. I used Photoshop in the past & attempting to get back into the swing of things like I use to.

Or, just the overall size, inner circle (printing area?) pixel size for printing & so on. Then I can just build my own template based off all the measurements for each style of chip. I don’t necessarily need a mock-up per say, those are on the site I’m apart of.

Thanks in advance!

You should oversize your design to future proof it. Standard printing is often 300ppi. A standard inlay is 7/8" which means you only "need" it to be 263pixels by 263pixels. However, what if you wanted to use that for a 60mm dealer button as well? Then you would need an image sized at 709x709. But that also doesn't include bleed. So, I would say design using a circle at 4000x4000 to be safe. If you really need a psd for that just PM me.

Now if you want a starter design/template I strongly encourage you to check out CreativeMarket.com. It is a market place for freelancers to sell their copyrighted designs and it is well curated with great stuff. Designs are relatively inexpensive and the artist gets paid.They also offer a couple freebies per week.

Thanks for the reply & info! I’ve noticed with some chips, there’s a larger inlay. I get a bigger chip would have a larger inlay (43mm as an example, which I wouldn’t mind doing). Would that also include the style/make of a chip? Ceramic, composite or clay?

I’ve heard of that site, lot of awesome talent there. I’m apart of Envato Market, that’s where I sell my stuff at, been there for 10years! Lol. However, haven’t made anything in about 8-9 years but still get some $$$ here & there.

I’ve tried using Ai once, was a completely different learning curve for me at the time. Being Ps 2020 is so foreign to me because it’s been so long, might as well give Ai it a try. Lol... Eh, I will just stick with Ps being already paid for it.

For sure. Use illustrator. Vector work is preferred because of its flexibility. At times it’s beneficial to use photoshop when working with raster images. But you should strive to find better, higher resolution images when needed. At small scales you’ll get away with it. But vector rids you of these problems.

Ai is a great tool, but not my primary use. A person can get away with good printable graphics in Ps, naturally on a bigger scale not so much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom