Pharaohs vs. Majestic (2 Viewers)

Attachments

• IMG_20200927_135806024.jpg
    IMG_20200927_135806024.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 90
"Mineral oil" in Europe will get the poor man an obsolete engine lubricant:D
"Parafin oil" in a Pharmacy would be a better try

ah! thank you! that makes a whole lot of more sense. Thanks! Also found a guide on here on how to clean and oil the chips(he was using milanos but I assume I can use the same process on majestics)

I actually love the colors of the 25c and 50c majestic chips so I may lean that way if I decide to get a small stakes cash set
Before you order, make sure to post your intended breakdown. A lot of people will recommend against having both 25c and 50c in the same set.

Yes we can, and yes I will. Great customer service. Any issues I have had have always been resolved fully and completely! (Tragically Hip reference) Great products, great prices, great vendor.
I just recently discovered The Tragically Hip. My favorite is Bobcaygeon

ah! thank you! that makes a whole lot of more sense. Thanks! Also found a guide on here on how to clean and oil the chips(he was using milanos but I assume I can use the same process on majestics)
The method initially described in that thread ("Oiling chips done right", if I 'm not mistaken) has come under criticism as overkill, since "china clays" contain a much larger percentage of plastic than "clays" and cannot absorb that much oil.

I 'd do the same with china clays as with CPCs:
First shower them in lukewarm water, in a salad "spinner" and let them dry on a towel spread on a table.
Next day, use a clean, un-used shoe-shining sponge, and apply half a teaspoon of parafin oil on it (ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM) to oil the edges of 5 barrels (100chips) each time.
After oiling all the rolling edges, wipe them dry with a soft micro-fiber cloth.
With the now slightly oiled cloth, oil the faces of the chips perimetrically, trying to avoid the labels (not a crime, but still useless).

That's the hard part, oiling the faces one-by-one, if you have several hundreds (or thousands) of chips. You could use two or three cloths to wipe the rolling edges, so you can have two or three people oiling the faces (they should love very much chips, or you, or both). :D

The method initially described in that thread ("Oiling chips done right", if I 'm not mistaken) has come under criticism as overkill, since "china clays" contain a much larger percentage of plastic than "clays" and cannot absorb that much oil.

I 'd do the same with china clays as with CPCs:
First shower them in lukewarm water, in a salad "spinner" and let them dry on a towel spread on a table.
Next day, use a clean, un-used shoe-shining sponge, and apply half a teaspoon of parafin oil on it (ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM) to oil the edges of 5 barrels (100chips) each time.
After oiling all the rolling edges, wipe them dry with a soft micro-fiber cloth.
With the now slightly oiled cloth, oil the faces of the chips perimetrically, trying to avoid the labels (not a crime, but still useless).

That's the hard part, oiling the faces one-by-one, if you have several hundreds (or thousands) of chips. You could use two or three cloths to wipe the rolling edges, so you can have two or three people oiling the faces (they should love very much chips, or you, or both). :D
hmm, alright. so it wouldn't hurt doing what he showed in the post but rather just more work for the same results I assume to what you are explaining above?

Yeah I did miss the spoiler button!

Förlåt!! :D

I had to do a lot of googling before going with paraffin oil, I hate when the same thing has different names in different parts of the world.

I got it from the pharmacy, it's sold as a medicine for constipation. The clerk looked at me funny when I said that she could never guess what I was gonna use it for. She was like "Don't need to know, don't wanna know!"

I think baby oil might work as well? Some are without perfume.

When applying, there's no faster way than the "oil in water trick". I don't know what the latest is on how it compares to other methods, though.

hmm, alright. so it wouldn't hurt doing what he showed in the post but rather just more work for the same results I assume to what you are explaining above?
I think it's less work (you don't have to apply pressure in my book). Still it's an one-by-one chip process in the end.
Just make sure to not apply excessive oil (I already suggested what the maximum should be).

it's sold as a medicine for constipation. The clerk looked at me funny when I said that she could never guess what I was gonna use it for. She was like "Don't need to know, don't wanna know!"
It's an excellent anal lubricant too, hence the clerk's reaction.
Her being a female, she could have thrown you behind bars in your country (IMHO, second most-dangerous country in the world for that kind of talk after Saudi Arabia; Iran should be more liberal). :D

I think it's less work (you don't have to apply pressure in my book). Still it's an one-by-one chip process in the end.
Just make sure to not apply excessive oil (I already suggested what the maximum should be).
Alright thank you!

The one that is for animals (the "vet" one) is much cheaper:
Screenshot_20200927-215914_Chrome.jpg

So while this:
It's an excellent anal lubricant too, hence the clerk's reaction.
is one reason for her reaction, the more disturbing reason was that I specifically asked for the one to use on animals...

@PsychoFeather, I now know that paraffinolja is much cheaper at Biltema, Jula, ÖoB etc...

The one that is for animals (the "vet" one) is much cheaper:
View attachment 541713

So while this:

is one reason for her reaction, the more disturbing reason was that I specifically asked for the one to use on animals...

@PsychoFeather, I now know that paraffinolja is much cheaper at Biltema, Jula, ÖoB etc...

alright! We might even have some of the paraffin olja for woodwork at home since my stepdad does a lot of handy crafts. will check with him!

Try the royals. I thought I couldn't possibly like the larger 43mm chip (vs. 39mm) but these larger chips feel and look amazing!

I like the looks and feel of pharaohs and milanos better than majestics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom