Pharaoh's, Majestics, and Royal Sample Sets (1 Viewer)

CRAW

Two Pair
Reaction score
So I bough the Pharaoh's, Majestics, and Royal sample sets from @Himewad (great guy / great seller) and I like the Royals for the colors and edgespots, look and feel, and sound, but man, the Pharaoh's aren't bad at all! In fact I really like them. From what I've read here, I thought the Royals were going to be hands-down superior, but it's a close call for me. I do like the fact that I can buy blank Royals, and that's the direction I'm leaning now.

Next I want to get a sample set of CC Dunes chips. Any sellers? :sneaky:

The reality is that all of these CCs sold by Apache are very very similar and any differences are truly marginal. I ordered samples of all of the CCs (pre-Royals) and did think that the Majestics felt the best (consensus around that time was the same as it is now for Royals), but that margin was minuscule. The design of the Dunes cash denoms beat out any marginal difference in feel/quality for me. Had I wanted tournament denoms I would have gone with Pharaoh’s.

In the end any agony over the decision was pointless because a couple months later that set was sold and I was playing Paulsons.

I too liked the feel of Majestics, but their uniform style turned me off. I like differences in the chips' edgespots while playing cards and seeing them in stacks.

I can't decide if I want to sample any ceramics or not either. I don't particularly like the look of them, so I may just skip over them.

I too liked the feel of Majestics, but their uniform style turned me off. I like differences in the chips' edgespots while playing cards and seeing them in stacks.

I can't decide if I want to sample any ceramics or not either. I don't particularly like the look of them, so I may just skip over them.
I kinda of prefer consistent edgespots in tourney sets, and Majestic 25-5000 denominations really look fantastic together, especially if you relabel orange for the 5k.

Last edited:
So I bough the Pharaoh's, Majestics, and Royal sample sets from @Himewad (great guy / great seller) and I like the Royals for the colors and edgespots, look and feel, and sound, but man, the Pharaoh's aren't bad at all! In fact I really like them. From what I've read here, I thought the Royals were going to be hands-down superior, but it's a close call for me. I do like the fact that I can buy blank Royals, and that's the direction I'm leaning now.

Next I want to get a sample set of CC Dunes chips. Any sellers? :sneaky:
PM coming for sample set. Also, great job at being patient and evaluating! Impressive.

I don't play too many tournaments with my current (dice) chips, but I may in the future, and this is something I guess I should consider. Thanks for your thoughts, @Beakertwang.
Of course, my opinion doesn’t really matter. What chips are the best? The ones you like. :tup:

Just posting a bit of Dunes CC pr0n until your samples arrive, should hold you over ($40 buy-in stack):

Dunes 40 buy-in.jpg

Those dunes chips do look pretty amazing.

I got a chance to sample all the CC I was interested in (thanks also to @BirdCage for sending me some Dunes and clays), and I bought 500 of the blank Royals. They really are a great chip and a huge step up from plastic dice chips, and without spending $1.00(!!!) or more per chip.

I went with the Royal white, dark blue, red, green, and yellow, with some Bud Jones 43mm racks. Needless to say I'm excited to use them in a few weeks, and also excited to design my own label (if I can hack it).

Thanks again to all.

Nice, sounds like a great setup! Where are you getting your labels from?

@CRAW I'm looking into Pharaohs / Majestics / Royals myself. I have Pharaohs already and looking to get samples of Majestics and Royals. Are you interested in parting with yours?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom