PGI private cardroom chips (1 Viewer)

tooth_doc

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all.
I have a set of PGI private cardroom chips. I'm assuming they are China clay because they smell. Here is my situation. I started running a tourney for about 40 guys. This looks like it could turn into a once-a-year deal. My PGI PCR are somewhat old (I have not played in about 10 years) and have taken a beating with these 40 'maniacs' ;) The tourney is a blast. My question is: are these PGIs still made? (to replenish my lost chips). If not, what is a nice set that's comparable? I'm looking at blank Majestics with custom labels or some 8 spot 2T clays at chip lab. I would appreciate your insight and comments.
Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas.
Charlie

Nope, PGI Private Cardroom chips are not made anymore (and PGI is gone). One of the better china clay lines produced (greek key mold, solid label design with UV-cured adhesive, no recycled materials). Some reports of them starting to crumble with age, however.

Custom-labeled Majestics or Royals would be my suggestion for cc replacements, although a custom or semi-custom set of card mold ceramics from a Tina group buy is probably a better value.

I'm curious to see some pics to see how they've held up over the years. I purchased a set as part of the original group buy, used it monthly for about 3 years and ultimately sold it. Really nice design and great chips for the price, agreed with @BGinGA these were some of the best china clays produced. While similar, you'll likely find the Majestics or Royals will be a slight step down, those don't feel quite as nice IMHO.

Nope, PGI Private Cardroom chips are not made anymore (and PGI is gone). One of the better china clay lines produced (greek key mold, solid label design with UV-cured adhesive, no recycled materials). Some reports of them starting to crumble with age, however.

Custom-labeled Majestics or Royals would be my suggestion for cc replacements, although a custom or semi-custom set of card mold ceramics from a Tina group buy is probably a better value.
Great info. How does the Tina group buy work? I looked at photos. NICE. I would like to get samples tho. I'm not sold on the ceramics. I love the feel and sound of clay.
Thanks

I'm curious to see some pics to see how they've held up over the years. I purchased a set as part of the original group buy, used it monthly for about 3 years and ultimately sold it. Really nice design and great chips for the price, agreed with @BGinGA these were some of the best china clays produced. While similar, you'll likely find the Majestics or Royals will be a slight step down, those don't feel quite as nice IMHO.
Thanks for the info. I am not sure what is a 'step -up or down'. Im just getting back into the chip game, and it is consuming a lot of my time. 8)

Any pics?
I will try to get some pics loaded this weekend. They are still in very good shape. The hockey team that has been using them is a little rough on them though. This year's tourney saw quite a few 'wounded' chips limp home.

Step down = not quite as nice

How do I know which chips are a step up/down? Is there a 'scale/chart'?

100% just my opinion. There are lots of threads with opinions on various chips and options, pull up a chair and get reading :) But overall the best way of determining for yourself is to get samples of the chips before you commit to buying a full set. A lot of this is very subjective, what I may like, you may hate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom