PGA Championship 2020 (3 Viewers)

lol at the Kuchar dig - if he was my playing partner I'd never let him live that down
Kuchar would be the kind of player to make a hole in one, then when it came to buying everybody a drink at the bar afterwards (as is custom), he'd pretend to get a phone call from his wife saying there was a family emergency — and leave.

It's weird with me and sunglasses. I'll take them to the course, promptly put them on my hat for the entire round and then forget about them until I finish the round. The one time I remembered I had them with me I wore them for some holes. I immediately put them back on my hat. Maybe I should have kept them on so I had SOMETHING to blame my awful game on. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I don't mind it as much as I originally thought I would have. Players still gotta hit the shot and the caddies are already dialed into the distances so it's a moot point for me. If anything it speeds things along which I think is good for the game. What do you think?
I fight with it. Part of me likes it for when you are in unforeseen spots. The traditionalist in me says, selecting a good caddie is also part of the whole strategy in golf. Having to not think about the accuracy of the number makes it less mentally taxing. If you’re just walking up and shooting distances, that reduces the effectiveness of the caddie and the dependency on him/her.

BK is going to have nightmares about this final round for the rest of his life!

Amaaaaaazing second from Phil! This is going to be really emotional watching him close this out.

To be fair, Brooks approached him in a place where Brooks should not have been, I believe is how the story goes.
Brooks is a phenomenal talent, but he needs to get over himself a little.

He’s very confident and straightforward about everything. I can see how that rubs people the wrong way.
I'm not sure whether it rubs me the wrong way, but I look at how humble someone like Phil is, and it just becomes hard to like a lot of this modern crop.

I'm not sure whether it rubs me the wrong way, but I look at how humble someone like Phil is, and it just becomes hard to like a lot of this modern crop.
I like all personalities, good and bad, because they make the game more interesting to watch. I love Patrick Reed types, and Phil types. There is one exception though, if you are a slow-playing uppity doucher. I hope you lose your card and they don't print you another one.

I like all personalities, good and bad, because they make the game more interesting to watch. I love Patrick Reed types, and Phil types. There is one exception though, if you are a slow-playing uppity doucher. I hope you lose your card and they don't print you another one.
Amen to that, brother!

I can certainly understand that. The cockiness and confidence makes for great Ryder Cups though (see Rory vs Reed a few years back). I love watching the competitiveness, but you have to be able to turn that off and I think Brooksy (who ironically seems mild mannered on the course) gets easily frustrated with the media, and he sometimes says stuff that baffles me. For example, trashing DJ in the final round of a major a couple years back was completely unnecessary.

I can certainly understand that. The cockiness and confidence makes for great Ryder Cups though (see Rory vs Reed a few years back). I love watching the competitiveness, but you have to be able to turn that off and I think Brooksy (who ironically seems mild mannered on the course) gets easily frustrated with the media, and he sometimes says stuff that baffles me. For example, trashing DJ in the final round of a major a couple years back was completely unnecessary.
Speaking of which... This year's Ryder Cup is going to be CLASS!

To be fair, Brooks approached him in a place where Brooks should not have been, I believe is how the story goes.
Yes, that part it true from what I heard. And Phil told him that at the time and years later when Brooks brought it up.

Yes, that part it true from what I heard. And Phil told him that at the time and years later when Brooks brought it up.
Funny, I did the same thing to him at the Barclays a few years ago and he didn’t sign for me either. But I do have a few autographs from him already so it wasn’t that big a deal.

If we are being completely honest, Phil’s not a dick for not signing the autograph. Doing so would encourage people to not follow the rules. It also could make it an inconvenience for other players and potentially a safety issue.

Yeah, I was in an area I didn’t have access to and he was getting on a ferry to NYC so I didn’t blame him. He spends hours after his round signing and makes sure he gets everyone. Unlike Woods who’s the complete opposite.

What do y’all think about the distance measuring devices (rangefinders) on the course?
There isn't that much difference between the rangefinders and the yardage books that they get each day. I have no problem with it.

I don't see rangefinders as a big deal at all. The pros all have yardage books that actually provide more information than a rangefinder. The books have all yardages like front of green, flag, back of green, bunkers, water, etc. Rangefinder only gives yardage to the flag.

I don't see rangefinders as a big deal at all. The pros all have yardage books that actually provide more information than a rangefinder. The books have all yardages like front of green, flag, back of green, bunkers, water, etc. Rangefinder only gives yardage to the flag.
My only argument to that is those numbers are static. Range finders are not.

Really wish I would have put a $100 on him!
F91EF4CC-AB75-4517-BEE7-ABA45463B50B.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom