PGA Championship 2020 (4 Viewers)

Unreal. I doubt DJ would have made his putt but Rahm snatched the life out of him on that bomb
After DJ pulled that drive that hit the tree and bounced into the middle of the fairway, I just thought he was destined to win. It was like he was catching all the breaks. I was certain we were going to a second playoff hole as long as Rahm didn’t three putt after that approach.

DJ’s putt following the 66ft bomb by Rahm really wasn’t a bad putt either.

Phil Mickelson is leading the PGA Championship. You can’t make this stuff up!
Had to put some money on Phil to win it! I fully expect Brooks to win, but Lefty was still way overpriced going into today — too good to resist!

Had to put some money on Phil to win it! I fully expect Brooks to win, but Lefty was still way overpriced going into today — too good to resist!
They just showed BK arriving at the site and he looks like he’s on a mission. Hard to pick against him.

I’m pulling for Lefty though.

They just showed BK arriving at the site and he looks like he’s on a mission. Hard to pick against him.

I’m pulling for Lefty though.
Agreed: the guy is a machine! I covered Louis, too — you never know.

Lefty with the amazing bunker shot!!!!!!
HUGE!

Was having a discussion today that I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on: even if he doesn't win today, would you class Phil as a top ten player of all-time?

HUGE!

Was having a discussion today that I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on: even if he doesn't win today, would you class Phil as a top ten player of all-time?
I’m not a golf historian honestly, but I’d have him in my top 10.

I’m not a golf historian honestly, but I’d have him in my top 10.
Yeah, I'd have him at 9 or 10. His numbers are insane; one of the most naturally-talented golfers of all-time; even playing second fiddle to Tiger for most of his career, his influence on the game has still been incredible.

Yeah, I'd have him at 9 or 10. His numbers are insane; one of the most naturally-talented golfers of all-time; even playing second fiddle to Tiger for most of his career, his influence on the game has still been incredible.
That’s the problem with a lot of the players in the late 90’s to the end of the last decade. Lots of them overshadowed by Tiger’s greatness.

This was still clearly playing on Brooks' mind today...

Screenshot_20210523_225030.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/golfwe...ks-koepka-asked-phil-mickelson-autograph/amp/

Oh a side note, do you lads play with sunglasses? I tried for a couple of holes and my depth perception felt wacked!
I'd like to try out a "proper" pair of golf wraparounds, but generally I never play in sunglasses. Too much of a distraction.

What do y’all think about the distance measuring devices (rangefinders) on the course?

I don’t think I’ve ever tried. My crappy golf swing is enough to worry about on the course. Lol
It's weird with me and sunglasses. I'll take them to the course, promptly put them on my hat for the entire round and then forget about them until I finish the round. The one time I remembered I had them with me I wore them for some holes. I immediately put them back on my hat. Maybe I should have kept them on so I had SOMETHING to blame my awful game on. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

What do y’all think about the distance measuring devices (rangefinders) on the course?
I don't mind it as much as I originally thought I would have. Players still gotta hit the shot and the caddies are already dialed into the distances so it's a moot point for me. If anything it speeds things along which I think is good for the game. What do you think?

Phil Mickelson is leading the PGA Championship. You can’t make this stuff up!
Golf is good for that. 7-seeds and 8-seeds don't win NBA titles. Horrible-to-super-bowl-title is rare. Soccer doesn't see anything like that either, Leicester City excepted that one year. But golf underdogs can pull out surprising victories regularly.

I think the best courses in the world should give you a device that does it for you. Golf should be about shot execution and course management, not trigonometry and surveying and who has the best GPS.

I think it's a joke, personally. That's why you practice in the days leading up to a tournament — and why you pay your caddy good money (unless you're Kuchar, that is).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom