PGA Championship 2020 (1 Viewer)

Feel bad for Jordan Speith. I was watching him this morning and his game is just falling apart. He’s really struggling right now.

I was on YT and a recommended video was his collapse at the Masters a few years back... he’s just never been the same in my mind. It’s too bad.

I was on YT and a recommended video was his collapse at the Masters a few years back... he’s just never been the same in my mind. It’s too bad.
I watched that live and right up to that point in the tourney, I thought that Speith may not ever miss the top 10 in a masters ever in life. He was sooooooooo good at Augusta to that point. It was incredible to watch.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Jason Day gonna make a real run at it today.

Man, I have no idea how this is gonna play out. Just glad, as a fan, that it hasn’t been a runaway for any one guy

Great day of golf. Fantastic shot on 16 - been debating the shot with my dad... how many times does he leave it there in 25 tries? I said 1 maybe 2 times.

Great day of golf. Fantastic shot on 16 - been debating the shot with my dad... how many times does he leave it there in 25 tries? I said 1 maybe 2 times.
100% agree with this. I was in a group chat with my friends and I said I hate the play. He brings a high number unnecessarily into play.

Matter of fact, later in the round DJ went out of play as was hitting 3 from the rough and just happened to chip in.

Just because something works out doesn’t make it the right play in my opinion

I put a little money down on these guys... just like @RocAFella1, was supposed to be there for a few rounds but oh well.

McIlroy
Morikowa
Hovland
Berger
Schauffele
Great shout with Morikawa, dude! Anybody else win some money on him?

Even though I didn't put any money on the tournament this week, the betting tips site I usually look at had him, too. (Obviously I didn't listen to them the one week they pick the winner though.)

https://www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk/us-pga-championship-tips-2020/

100% agree with this. I was in a group chat with my friends and I said I hate the play. He brings a high number unnecessarily into play.

Matter of fact, later in the round DJ went out of play as was hitting 3 from the rough and just happened to chip in.

Just because something works out doesn’t make it the right play in my opinion

I hope this doesn’t come off as argumentative; just my perspective.
If you are in it to win it; you have to hit that shot. Granted he is only 23 but he has been working his entire life for that shot. I understand the ‘risk outway the reward’ you imply but in his position there was Zero risk/downside.

Perfect execution won him the tournament. But the decision and preparation gave him the opportunity.

I hope this doesn’t come off as argumentative; just my perspective.
If you are in it to win it; you have to hit that shot. Granted he is only 23 but he has been working his entire life for that shot. I understand the ‘risk outway the reward’ you imply but in his position there was Zero risk/downside.

Perfect execution won him the tournament. But the decision and preparation gave him the opportunity.

I don’t mind discussing it cause I think there’s logic in both plays.

First thing that comes to mind is that he actually admitted that he never planned to hit that shot. He was asked about it on Wednesday and said he wouldn’t do it so imo it was a spur of the moment decision.

My opinion of it being a bad decision is based on him missing that shot. Yes, he was leading in fairways hit, but a mishit costs you a chance to win the tourney. Imagine he hits that shot out of play ala DJ, he loses all the work in one stroke and obviously the other extreme is that he does what he did and wins. The middle ground imo is to make the “right play”. The right play imo takes bogey or higher off the table and you can still realistically birdie the hole.

The “right answer” is based on how you see CM. If you think he was the best player of the remaining players then going for it was definitely the wrong play because if you’re the “best player” you want to play as much golf as possible and rely on your skill to get you through. If you think CM is the worst player left in the field then going for it is absolutely the right play because theoretically being the worst player means that he wants to play as little golf as possible because over time he should be outplayed by the better players.

Essentially who’s “right” is based on perspective in my opinion

Umm. DJ is -11 today and we’ve already had 1 59! He’s got a birdie putt coming up!

Imagine shooting 60 and coming up as second fiddle
Right. Unbelievable. He was on pace for 59 (possibly 57) after 13. And 14 to 18 were easy holes. Including a par 5 on 18 and he lipped out a couple birdies and made pars.

I don’t know that you can have a disappoint round of 60, but if you could, this was it.

Right. Unbelievable. He was on pace for 59 (possibly 57) after 13. And 14 to 18 were easy holes. Including a par 5 on 18 and he lipped out a couple birdies and made pars.

I don’t know that you can have a disappoint round of 60, but if you could, this was it.
Had to step out when he got to 14. Was like -11 after 13. Crazy

Tell me you were watching the closing holes and playoff hole for the BMW?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom