Perfect Micro Stakes Starting Stack (1 Viewer)

5¢ x 10
25¢ x 18
$1.00 x 15

$20 Buy-In
5¢/10¢

OR

5¢ x 20
25¢ x 20
$1.00 x 14
(The most fun)
Top is better because most people will lead out with a quarter and then the nickel isn't doing anything, bottom is better because it's easier to just give everyone a barrel. shrug

Top is better because most people will lead out with a quarter and then the nickel isn't doing anything, bottom is better because it's easier to just give everyone a barrel. shrug
Most people should open for quarters but it really depends on your game which is worth the OP considering.
At my table there are a couple of limpers, and a couple of people who only open to .20 in .05/.10.

In this scenario I like to give people chips I think they're going to use. For example, my friend who limp folds all night, I give him more nickels than the person who plays half the hands and raises with a wide range of hands

depends on your players. I would like to use the top, but my players love limping and minbetting and using the nickels. They also hate making change all the time (because they limp so much). bottom is better for my games.

basically, just feel out how your players like using the chips

$10 - barrel of 5c, barrel of 25c, 4x$1
$20 - barrel of 5c, two barrels of 25c, 9x$1

I like lots of chips
actually a viable breakdown for 100bb of .05/.10 that allows for MOAR chips could just be
10 x .05
38 x .25

and if anyone buys in for 200bb, add $1 chips to their stack

I like lots of chips
yep there's been a time where i thought about just giving my players like 60 .25 chips each so we can all have piles of chips
This is always my recommendation: Distribute mostly the smallest denominations to the initial players, reserving a few barrels for the expected late arrivals. The change flows naturally from there.

The mistake I see often from new hosts is doing the reverse, trying to include a variety of denominations from the start. Then we have to stop and scan the table after each round to make change.

25¢ x 8
$1.00 x 18

$20 Buy-In
25¢/25¢
Great breakdown, but as I get a lot of limpers in my home game and we play .25/.50 my starting stack is

25¢ x12
$1.00 x 17

Look to adjust your breakdown after a few regular games.

Let’s say I’m expecting 8 players. I’ll give the first 3 guys a barrel each of nickels and quarters, then however many dollars (4-14) it takes to complete their buy-ins. Subsequent buy-ins and rebuys will be in quarters (until two racks are gone) and dollars.

I used to need more nickels, but the game has evolved to the point where nickels are mostly used for blinds and the occasional limp. Most opens are to 50¢. If needed, I can always add more nickels a bit later.

I can only agree with what was said before. If you want to try out a non-traditional breakdown (maybe for a relabel) here goes that:

$10 starting stack
10x 10ct
14x 50ct
1x $2

$20 starting stack
10x 10ct
18x 50ct
5x $2

Havent played with this yet but it should work perfectly fine.

PS: I also have $10 as value chips if that one crazy night breaks out yadda yadda yadda (just an excuse to own more chips xD)

Can I piggy back on this thread and ask what are good starting stacks for a 1/2 game with a usual 150-300 buy-in is. trying to figure out how many chips I need for the usual 8 players and maybe a total of 4-5 rebuys.

What blinds are you looking to play? I'd recommend starting with no less than 80 big blinds and no more than 200 big blinds to start out if playing no limit hold 'em.

If you're looking to do $10 or $20 buy in's, I'd recommend 0.05/0.10 and 0.10/0.20 blinds, respectively.

For 0.05/0.10:

20 nickels 25 nickels
20 quarters or 25 quarters
4 Dollars 5 half dollars

For 0.10/0.20:

20 nickels 25 nickels
20 quarters or 25 quarters
14 Dollars 5 half dollars and 10 dollar chips

or

20 dimes
20 quarters
13 Dollars

Can I piggy back on this thread and ask what are good starting stacks for a 1/2 game with a usual 150-300 buy-in is. trying to figure out how many chips I need for the usual 8 players and maybe a total of 4-5 rebuys.
20 $1's
20 $5's
Rest of buy in using $20 chips or a couple of extra $5's if needed, rebuys and top offs in $20 chips.

For our low stakes games .10/.20 we go:

.10 - 20
.25 - 20
$1 - 13

So $20 buyin and we do all the rebuys with $1's and then if they run out we start adding $5 chips. For the most part we play .25/.50 with quarters, $1's and $5's with a $50 max buyin and reload.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom