People hyping bad prices in classifieds (rant) (2 Viewers)

Just change the classifieds so that only pre-set checkbox responses are allowed:

-- i want to buy the item
-- I have questions, sending PM
-- I wish thread crapping were allowed
-- I wish post padding were allowed

Anything else is pointless.

Just change the classifieds so that only pre-set checkbox responses are allowed:

My threads would be the thunderdome.

Anything else is pointless.
Actually, after giving it some thought, this is a pretty solid idea.

It would require sellers to sell single "item" per sales thread, whether it be chip(s), barrel(s), rack(s), or other goods/quantities, resulting in better forum organization and subsequent searches. Preventing sellers from later editing their sales thread is also probably a good idea.

Allowing for "I will buy it" and/or "PM sent" choices covers all appropriate buyer scenarios.

One possible value-add feature would be an optional user poll included with every sales thread:

___asking price is low
___asking price is about right
___asking price is high

This feature would provide non-combative community feedback for each and every sale, which benefits both historical pricing searches and the less-informed new users.

It would require sellers to sell single "item" per sales thread, whether it be chip(s), barrel(s), rack(s), or other goods/quantities, resulting in better forum organization and subsequent searches. Preventing sellers from later editing their sales thread is also probably a good idea.

Allowing for "I will buy it" and/or "PM sent" choices covers all appropriate buyer scenarios.

One possible value-add feature would be an optional user poll included with every sales thread:

___asking price is low
___asking price is high

This feature would provide non-combative community feedback for each and every sale, which benefits both historical pricing searches and the less-informed new users.
The Committee is impressed with your ideas.

___asking price is low
___asking price is high

This idea is priced really well.

I just want people to post pics of the actual chips for sale. It seems dishonest to show a rack when you're selling a barrel. Or a 500pc set with photos of a 1000pc set. Sorry for being off topic, this just seemed like a good place to rant. And I feel better now that its off my chest, so thank you.

@SpaceMonkey420
Please don't take my following comments the wrong way. I am not against you doing what you do for a profit. I personally do not feel that the value add that your service gives is worth as much as some others do, but that is only MY opinion.

This sort of proves my point... They are available in unlimited quantities @ $1 ea, but yet you paid $150 for them why? Because you thought you could sell them for a profit, right? Turns out you were wrong and there actually are not all that many people on the face of the planet that are willing to pay more than what you paid. If others were willing to pay $2 or $2.50 ea then why not sell them for whatever you can get?

Not sure what this has to do with anything other than you defending the fact that what you do takes effort and involves some amount of risk...

I'm not so sure about all of this. It is easy to come to these type of conclusions when all markets (housing, stocks, crypto, chips) at all time highs. Everything goes in cycles and there is no question that at some point in the future we will be at a different point in the cycle than we are right now. Only then or only when the future arrives will we know if we bought at the high or if we bought into another leg up in all of this stuff. There is an old saying and it goes something like this: It is the markets job to make as many people look like fools as frequently as possible. The market tends to make good on that statement quite often....

Just sayin..

Like I said above, no need to defend yourself. Even if I won't pay your prices, I think your service is a great idea and am glad someone is willing to provide it.
I forgot to mention. I got the Sahara haul for a member who later backed out or “got them somewhere else” as he put it. Like most of my sales they happen prior to harvest in DMs and these just happen to keep lingering but it’s weird how life works. I actually think I’m starting to love them and it be nice to have another vaulted vegas limit set in this condition. Zero sweat with these in my possession. Pretty sure pink is an easy frack to find too. =) I think I just saw a barrel up for auction! ! !
42FC03C5-1144-4308-BB03-E4E0F811E3D6.jpeg
BF80E2E8-D34E-47EF-A5FC-A2FF2B72BA9E.jpeg

___asking price is low
___asking price is high

Go even further in terms of simplification of experience. Change the classified to a true marketplace experience.

No posting after the OP whatsoever. Just a simple 'buy it now' button. Changes the ad to a pending flag that shows the name of the buyer. Once sale is finalized the seller changes the flag to sold.

This would probably require an additional marketplace module for the forum software. I'm assuming it exists but probably additional expense for Tommy to purchase and implement. To help pay for it, users should have to buy credits to post ads. A way for prolific buyers/sellers to give back/contribute to PCF.

I think you just need to convey the amount of luck you think the seller needs with the sale. The more egregious the pricing, the more luck is needed.

GLWS (good luck with sale)
VGLWS (very good luck with sale)
EVGLWS (extra very good luck with sale)

LAGHYWS - Luck ain't gonna help you with this sale ;)

___asking price is low
___asking price is high

Any idea that would eliminate “Dibs if split” is a winner!

What's a bad price?
What's a good price?
How does one know what fair market value is?
Doesn't the market fluctuate?
Asking for a friend...

Reasonable questions. Sometimes it is hard to grasp and especially for rarer chips, but often it is pretty straight forward for chips that change hands often enough, and the people who follow the pcf classifieds over time will have a reasonable idea of what is a good/decent/high price for certain chips. People are obviously free to post chips at whatever price they want. And if people wanna buy them, that's their perogative no matter the price.

The point of my rant was that the comments like "great price!", "these shouldn't last!", and so on was way over used and essentially was proved to be wrong a lot of the times. (evidenced by the fact that the chips often sat for days and needed the price lowered before they actually sold.) Yet these comments were still posted a whole lot, and I belive it sometimes made new members buy things that wasn't really a good deal. Sure you can say the buyers need to do their own due diligence, but I also think that the PCF community should not try to intentionally fool people about what is in fact a good deal. Sure, some people overpay to get what they want. Some people like to bargain hunt. We are all different, and the price someone sets and another member pays is what it is. But for example when a rack of common rhc chiproom chips that have been selling for $250/rack for the last year is listed for $350/rack, there's just no need to comment "great price!" in that thread. It very likely is not a great price. Sure, it might sell in a day or two, or if someone have specifically been looking for those chips recently it might sell even quicker, but more likely it will sit for a while before being sold to someone PMing a lower offer, or the price is dropped. Either way commenting "these shouldn't last!!!!" in that thread just doesn't make sense.

Great thread. How has someone not snapped this up yet?

If this was last week I’d have jumped on this thread but I’ve now committed to another thread.

I would definitely take this thread but I see that it only applies to CONUS.

Thanks for tagging me but I’ve got enough of this thread already.

Great thread. How has someone not snapped this up yet?

If this was last week I’d have jumped on this thread but I’ve now committed to another thread.

I would definitely take this thread but I see that it only applies to CONUS.

Thanks for tagging me but I’ve got enough of this thread already.
I'm changing directions and am bringing my complaints to the "Train Wreck" thread.

This thread no longer fits my plans and am looking to leave the thread the same way I entered it.

Asking for 1 hour of my life back or best offer. This is what I have into this thread and am not willing to take less.

Thank you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom