Pelican case set up for mixed size racks, help? (1 Viewer)

SemiNumerical

Straight
Reaction score
Hey All,

I don't know if this is the right place but here we go.

I recently bought a small set of Aruba's where there is racks of 39mm and racks of 44mm. The 44mm racks are the large 5 barrel racks. So I'm wondering if anyone has had experience setting up a pelican case with mixed size racks.

I'm thinking of putting around 1600 in the case and storing the others elsewhere.
Love to hear from anyone.

The small set
IMG_20180622_091304.jpg

The case
IMG_20180625_162440.jpg

Dunno the dimensions of your Pelican case, but I have one of my Member's Mark 20" cases fitted with five racks across, two deep. The two racks on the far-left are 43mm racks, but it could be outfitted to handle anywhere from one to ten over-size racks with the others as 39mm. I could also go three deep, allowing up to 15 racks total.

Dunno the dimensions of your Pelican case, but I have one of my Member's Mark 20" cases fitted with five racks across, two deep. The two racks on the far-left are 43mm racks, but it could be outfitted to handle anywhere from one to ten over-size racks with the others as 39mm. I could also go three deep, allowing up to 15 racks total.

Ahh forgot to mention i have the Pelican 1510
i do not know its internal dimensions but it external dimensions are
22 x 9 x 13.8 inches

I have seen them fit 16 regular racks, im thinking i can make the top "layer" for oversized racks somehow.

I'd be concerned with chip safety when stacking oversize racks on top of standard racks, since the pressure points rarely match up. Doing it with plastic chips certainly poses less risk of breakage, but I wouldn't do it with clays.

Safest bet would be to use matching 39mm racks on top with just four of the barrels filled with oversize chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom